IGNORED

Sena SC-A0122 Cable Bike to Sena SM10 dongle

Robby

If you are using Sena SM10 the cable (SC-A0122) from bike to SM10 is, well, basically crap.

I have purchased three this year, 2 have failed and last one is 2 days old. They cost me $28.00 CAD each.

You can order " kenable 5 Pin Din Plug To 3.5mm Jack Stereo Plug Audio Cable 0.5m (~1.5 feet) 50cm" from Amazon for $2.70 USD.

You have to shave down the plastic on 3.5mm end a bit. Far better construction, far,far better price and

sounds ?? maybe better.

If you are using Sena SM10 the cable (SC-A0122) from bike to SM10 is, well, basically crap.

I have purchased three this year, 2 have failed and last one is 2 days old. They cost me $28.00 CAD each.

You can order " kenable 5 Pin Din Plug To 3.5mm Jack Stereo Plug Audio Cable 0.5m (~1.5 feet) 50cm" from Amazon for $2.70 USD.

You have to shave down the plastic on 3.5mm end a bit. Far better construction, far,far better price and

sounds ?? maybe better.

What is the purpose of this adapter cable? Just listen to music on the headset or also listen to the CB?

Good Day, The 5 pin male din end plugs into the front radio outlet (the one your plug in headset attaches to) the 3.5mm end plugs into a dual stream bluetooth dongle that then broadcasts to both helmets via "Blue Tooth". The factory cord is expensive and the wires are very thin, the break internally with minimal use, they also about $28.00 each. This cord is $2.70, way better quality. I have the helmet kits, that way my phone rings in helmet, radio, tape player and MP3 via AUX input in radio all come into helmets. Also I like that there is no cords.

That's exactly what this cord does. Adapts bike output to Bluetooth transmitter. The Sena SM10 dual stream bluetooth transmitter is fine (dual channel to broadcast to two separate helmets) it is the cord that is poor. I have used their systems for 5 -6 years. Have original SMH10 set (two helmets), new SMH10S set (two helmets) 2 SM10 Dual Stream Bluetooth transmitters, All OK, BUT the wire, first one lasted 5 years, second lasted 3 days (that's why I have a second SM10, thought a new wire had to be working, fooled me, bought a third wire lasted less than a week. If you do a search on Facebook or online Sena customer service sucks. You can call, they will answer in Philippians, promise to get back to you - never happen - not ever - period. That's why I went looking for a better answer. For the guy that wants to make his own, easy, I did not have the ends and $2.70 pretty cheap.

The good news, the 5 year old set still works just fine, lots of miles, dust, rain. I have to complete sets for other bike and family.

Got the receiving idea....but what about transmitting on the bluetooth units back to the CB or intercom?

That is where the freewire comes in. It is a two way bluetooth transmitter/receiver. You might be able to do the same with the sr10 and the open end cable.

That is where the freewire comes in. It is a two way bluetooth transmitter/receiver. You might be able to do the same with the sr10 and the open end cable.
So the full kit is a headset like the SMH10 or SMH20 plus a FreeWire and an SM10?