IGNORED

Rodburner

Yeah, did two demo rides in Redwing last week at STAR Days.

First thing I noticed was that my 29" inseam was just fine. Even got a friend who is about 5'3" who rode it, and one lady rider who is 5 foot nothing did too.

And a friend who is 6'3" was just as happy, even with passenger.

It had the comfort of my old RSV but the handling of my old Strat.

It has the Tour and Sport mode button on by the throttle. Previous rider had it in Sport when I started.

Now being a throttle by wire (not cable) it seemed to have some hesitation in first gear to get rolling but when it did kick in, almost stood it up.

So, I switched to Tour for that demo ride.

Next day, after I got it rolling, I left it in sport. And, the ride did include some twisties as it was near the Mississippi. It rolled the corners great.

Oh,,, what I noticed was that the front tire is a 130, like the small tire some use on the RSV.

Doo-dads,,, it's got them all. The TC pack will have a lot to offer. But on my RSV and GW Trike, I never turn on my entertainment system, so much of that might not get used by me.

Nice to have the adjustable windshield. Also you controlled air vents for your feet and big wind deflectors on the side of the fairing that are very effective.

As for power, yep it's got it. But it takes a little getting used to for me in first gear due to the wire throttle.

I did hear many RSV riders report they were all hitting the rev limiter in first and second as it is geared more like the Strat and Roadstar.

The sound, sounds good for stock pipes, but some are still going to want louder, if they want deep sound. I'd be fine with what it's got. But I did not think it sounded like the Yamaha Symphonic Orchestra was in the parking lot.

And the big question, V-twin air cooled. Well,,,,, that is what they are selling.

It is a remarkable power plant, I might dig up the cutaway pictures I got but those are in the literature.

It does have all the power you will want, would guess it can leave the RSV behind.

As for the heat, well we got a 10 minute ride per run (I did two). The ambient parking lot temp was mid to high 80's. Getting on the bike someone else just rode, I could feel some heat coming up my left thigh but not HOT.

On the road, those foot/knee vents push it away. I can't say what it would be like at a long stop light or traffic backup. I know I demo'ed a Indian Commander that was much hotter when we got slowed.

So, I like my V4's but,,, this is what they are selling.

As for me buying one....

If I was 10 years younger and they cost more like the last price of the RSV,,,, YES I WOULD.

But, this a mega bike, and I am 67 years old. My wife and I now ride a GW 1800 trike (just did 3700 miles to STAR Days, around the top of Superior to MI and back to SC). So our two up ride will be a trike from hear on out,,, to pasture.

And as this is a mega bike, I will not consider it as my solo ride,, which is currently my 2006 RSTD with over 100K miles.

So, I don't see this awesome bike in my future. But, if you want a two up big tourer, my first hands on opinion is, YES.

Mike G in SC

For what they want for it I could buy a new Tahoe!! Which I could justify and that would pay for half a house at that price point. But Harley trike that I do like I could buy me 2 houses or the house we once owned in Gerald!! Or I could buy 2 Tahoes probably one four wheel drive and the other just 2 wheel. Unless I am behind the times here but just cant see paying that much for a motorcycle as I could a 2018 Tahoe!!

For what they want for it I could buy a new Tahoe!! Which I could justify and that would pay for half a house at that price point. But Harley trike that I do like I could buy me 2 houses or the house we once owned in Gerald!! Or I could buy 2 Tahoes probably one four wheel drive and the other just 2 wheel. Unless I am behind the times here but just cant see paying that much for a motorcycle as I could a 2018 Tahoe!!

Never mind me this is false as far as Buying myself a new Tahoe, since when is these vehicles the price range of a porche in the 90s :Bunny2:

Wow! Housing & Trucks must be cheap in your neck of the woods! Around here the price of a new 2018 would maybe get you a garden shed (a big one) but still a shed!

Wow! Housing & Trucks must be cheap in your neck of the woods! Around here the price of a new 2018 would maybe get you a garden shed (a big one) but still a shed!
Yeah I just about fell over when I googled the price msrp 49,000 for the features my truck has...

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Back in 09 I thought the 2nd Gen's were over priced that's why I went with a real nice 06 Midnight Special for $8200. Anyway a lot of 2nd Gen's have set at dealers for a couple years before selling. Yamaha good luck on selling this V Twin at 26 to 28k plus DOB and all the other rinkie dink out the door charges the Stealer tacks on to get at that 30k mark. Thers too many other V Twins with low miles for me to choose from.:sun:

Back in 09 I thought the 2nd Gen's were over priced that's why I went with a real nice 06 Midnight Special for $8200. Anyway a lot of 2nd Gen's have set at dealers for a couple years before selling. Yamaha good luck on selling this V Twin at 26 to 28k plus DOB and all the other rinkie dink out the door charges the Stealer tacks on to get at that 30k mark. Thers too many other V Twins with low miles for me to choose from.:sun:
I am glad to know that also in googling my truck I paid 4000 for the blue book has increased on it by 900 now if I were to sell it to private party I should seek 5200.... Wow!!!!

You guys are complaining about the price??

Geesh... Go look at a Road Glide or Ultra Classic... Add the options on it to make it even with the Venture, then look at the price. Me thinks you will have sticker shock, for sure!!

Snyper....My 2004 Yukon Xl, was $59k!! In 2004! That was sticker shock.....yikes. and I didn't get the sunroof or the dvd system.

Yea it's going to cost for a new scoot. But it's always been that way. Like anything else. Is it worth it? Good question. For some yes, others... No.

I bought my truck new because i finally wanted to get a new vehicle after years of living with used ones. That was worth the price. This new scoot is worth every penny if Yamaha has done their homework and made the bike as dependable as the past two generations of Ventures have been.

Ahh ha!! So it's the 2019 that'll be water cooled.... :-)
And then in 2020 Yamaha will realize they made a mistake and produce it as a Gen 3 with the Max'ed V4. Unfortunately that won't be available until 2025.

You guys are complaining about the price??

Geesh... Go look at a Road Glide or Ultra Classic... Add the options on it to make it even with the Venture, then look at the price. Me thinks you will have sticker shock, for sure!!

Snyper....My 2004 Yukon Xl, was $59k!! In 2004! That was sticker shock.....yikes. and I didn't get the sunroof or the dvd system.

Yea it's going to cost for a new scoot. But it's always been that way. Like anything else. Is it worth it? Good question. For some yes, others... No.

I bought my truck new because i finally wanted to get a new vehicle after years of living with used ones. That was worth the price. This new scoot is worth every penny if Yamaha has done their homework and made the bike as dependable as the past two generations of Ventures have been.

Yeah I found all that out last time I looked at a new vehicle I was 22 and it was a ford pickup and it was 19500 but didn't qualify for a loan... That is why I went back and corrected what I had said I had no clue how much stuff had increased..

I am not making any promises but a new neighbor moved in and I introduced myself. Turns out he is an editor for a motorcycle magazine ( I won't name unless it happens). He told me that he is getting a 2018 and thought who better to road test the 2018 than a happy owner of a Gen 2. He also talked about outfitting my 07 with a long term test set of tires and some textile clothes. Hey this new friend might have the toys but he'll never hold a candle to my @cowpuc !!

I will let everyone know if I get my hands on the 2018 test bike.

VentureFar...

I am not making any promises but a new neighbor moved in and I introduced myself. Turns out he is an editor for a motorcycle magazine ( I won't name unless it happens). He told me that he is getting a 2018 and thought who better to road test the 2018 than a happy owner of a Gen 2. He also talked about outfitting my 07 with a long term test set of tires and some textile clothes. Hey this new friend might have the toys but he'll never hold a candle to my cowpuc !!

I will let everyone know if I get my hands on the 2018 test bike.

VentureFar...

RIGHT BACK AT CHA MY BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was just telling Tip that,, ohhhh how I wish you was hitting the big Rally again this year = spoof has it that the new one is gonna be there for test riding,,, I got GREAT plans for doing the research there that I couldnt/didnt do in New York back in June!! Knowing the rally,, I gotta hunch that the Yam Shop lot will be pretty vacant of riders as, as both of us know, most of those attendees wont even acknowledge a metric,, much less be caught test riding one.. My twisted way of thinking says that THIS rally will be the place to do some real research! Gonna haul my heat gauge along and, of course, my CAMERA to record my findings.. Having high hopes of doggin that great big coffee can piston v-twin down to say,, 35 mph in top gear and then wick er up and see what happens.. Then go back to the same location with Tweeks loaded up fully and Tip on the back and do the same thing to compare....

Ya know what,, thinking about this,, maybe I should just wait and hook up with your new neighbor.. Come camp in your front yard :scared: for a couple days and get some REAL research done PLUS get to meet this neighbor of yourn!!

Can ya tell your ol buddy is feeling a little better?

Love ya Neil!!:256:

Puc

Actually we came home today from CTFW in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to a house with NO hot water!! Been up working on the goofy thing,, got it going again BUT I think I am gonna have to find a new Thermostat for it.. Its a Natural Gas model, our house has no holes thru the roof for vents and stuff - everything is plumbed out thru exterior walls - really really nice BUT = the water heater and furnace have to have blowers on them to move the bad air out.. Came home and the poor blower on the water heater was steaming along blowing out perfectly good air cause the thermostat failed and the burner wasnt doing nuttin.... Always something I tell ya,,, always something!!

Hey Snype,, why dont you engage that genuise brain of yours and invent a completely maintentance free home for us geezers?