IGNORED

Morning coffee?

baylensman

This happened late last week. I'm in first and make the coffee at the shop. Usually I go back to my desk and start the overnight orders. After about 10 minutes I grab my insulated mug and head back to tiebreak room and the coffee is ready. Sweet! Well I think it was thursday, I got tied up ( not the fun way) didn't get back to the break room for about 45 minutes. Well a few of the guys had stumbled in. They can't function till the first cup. Well i walked over to the machine and grabbed the sugar poured a generous dollop and a splash of cream then filled up the mug.

OH MY GAWD. What a free for all, evidently there are people who have strong feelings about whether to fill the mug with coffee and add condiments or put the condiments in and add coffee. I can't even swear I do it the same way every time. I mean geez! Well this "DISCUSSION" went on for about 10 minutes the funny thing was that Myself the Ops manager and my direct boss all agreed that it really doesn't matter. everyone else thought it made the coffee taste different. Interestesting side bar the three of us are bikers ( i mean we ride a lot)

Any how it got me to thinking and observing, how much we are creatures of habit. We do things a certain way at a certain time. Try this cross your arms, now look down and un cross them and recross them with the other arm on top or backwards. Difficult? Ask your friends to do it.

I think you find that those of us that run on two wheels are a bit more able to deal with change and doing it different.

Any how it got me to thinking and observing, how much we are creatures of habit. We do things a certain way at a certain time. Try this cross your arms, now look down and un cross them and recross them with the other arm on top or backwards. Difficult? Ask your friends to do it.

I think you find that those of us that run on two wheels are a bit more able to deal with change and doing it different.

In the same controversial context, do you normally face the shower or do you face away from the shower or do you spin?

In the same controversial context, do you normally face the shower or do you face away from the shower or do you spin?

hahahahaha that's a good one Clive!

FWIW, I'm a 'spinner'

On a similar note, do you wash your arm pits before your private parts or t'other way 'round? (NEVERMIND ... we don't really wanna know!!)

I ALWAYS put the sugar in before pouring the coffee .... saves extra stirring yanno!

Do you clink the spoon on the edge of the cup to remove excess liquid before you set the spoon down or do you simply shake it off in the sink or neither of the above?

I'm very particular about the order my sandwiches are assembled:

- Bread

- Mustard (or mayo)

- Meat

- Cheese

- Tomato

- Bread

The placement of the tomato layer is somewhat rational. If tomato is against the bread it tends to stay put. If a restaurant brings me a burger with lettuce between the tomato and bun I will reassemble because I know that tomato is going to shoot out.

I change back and forth depending on what "step" I'm on (is that spinning?). Once in a while I do a step out of order and have to restart my shower (OCD?)

hahahahaha that's a good one Clive!

FWIW, I'm a 'spinner'

On a similar note, do you wash your arm pits before your private parts or t'other way 'round? (NEVERMIND ... we don't really wanna know!!)

Apparently there is quite a discussion on the pros and cons but then we all know what the Internet is like. My shower is overhead so there is no confusion for me. Seems to me spinning is the best option if you want full coverage. As for what gets done first, I start at the top and work down. Seems only logical.

So here is another hot topic:

Should the loose end of a TP roll be on top or underneath?

For me, I prefer on top as it makes it easier to find the end without having a long tail hanging down. Seemed only logical. Curiously, my father preferred the other way. Never understood that but when I was visiting him I would always "fix" it for him. Hahahahaha, good times.

Should the loose end of a TP roll be on top or underneath?

My mother taught me many things and one of them is: the loose end should roll off the top. There are at least a four reason's for this... 1. It's easier to locate the loose edge. 2. you can fancy up the loose end by making various folds and they look better on the top. 3. If it's underneath then it's often against the cabinet or the wall which makes it awkward to grab onto. 4. If it's in a dispenser and underneath then it "bifolds" up against the bottom lip of the dispenser.

Go to almost any hotel, motel, club, bar, you name it .... you will almost always find the loose end rolls off the top and in your motel/hotel room it will often be "fancy folded".

Like you, if I find one that isn't, I generally change it coz that irks me to no end LOL

EDIT: and there's a #5 ... if in a dispenser, one generally tears it off with an upward movement ... somewhat difficult to do if it's rolling off the bottom LOL