IGNORED

Heel-toe shifter problems

jld1960tx

Just got my bike out of the dealership after two months of yamaha trying to decide how to fix a leaky cylinder head. Drive it for 3 days and the shifter is now tilted out of whack with the heel part below the floorboards and toe part sticking up at an odd angle. I am just not that much of a whiz with clutch/transmission issues on anything so help! It still shifts and runs, but obviously feels odd. Oh yeah, the bike I am talking about is a 2012 Venture. So, any insight is appreciated. Please just don't make fun of me! thanks in advance.

Just got my bike out of the dealership after two months of yamaha trying to decide how to fix a leaky cylinder head. Drive it for 3 days and the shifter is now tilted out of whack with the heel part below the floorboards and toe part sticking up at an odd angle. I am just not that much of a whiz with clutch/transmission issues on anything so help! It still shifts and runs, but obviously feels odd. Oh yeah, the bike I am talking about is a 2012 Venture. So, any insight is appreciated. Please just don't make fun of me! thanks in advance.

Look at the shift rod that comes off the shifter, you'll see a turnbuckle that adjusts the shifter position.

Or they didn't put the bolt in tight enough and it fell out.

I don't think I'd use that dealership. You should call them to come to you and pick up the bike and fix it right or send a mechanic over. I'm sure they charged you a pretty penny for what they did.

If it started out in the proper place then I'd think the bolt came loose.

A year and a half ago, I had the left rear cylinder head leaking oil. Took it in, had it fixed all under warranty. This year, same head is leaking oil and some coolant. So, overheating too. Took it in, again under warranty. They kept it for two months, went round with yamaha on what to do, yada yada yada. They fixed it. Now I am sure I have a gear issue. Not a clutch issue, because it works. Riding home yesterday with my wife and in a 15 mile stretch the shifter changed to the odd position it is in now. All the linkage is very tight. Took it out for a ride just now. Becoming very hard to shift and the shifter is tilting farther down on the heel side. So, yes it will have to go back. More Warranty work?

Had a Tour Deluxe before this, loved it. Loved the engine and the bike. My wife wanted more creature comforts so I bought this in 2013 and it has not been very reliable. Just disenchanted with the whole situation. Missed out on a whole lot of really good riding weather this year(especially for TEXAS!) Oh well.......