IGNORED

Brakecrafters... Brake parts

cimmer

I see that there is a manufacture that is now offering brake kits and pads for the Yamaha Venture line from 83-present. The link to their site is https://brakecraftersusa.myshopify.com/ . Right now I see they have complete caliper kits for the 83-85 for the front and rear that even include the o-rings for separating the caliper half's. This is something that Yamaha doesnt supply in the parts catalog. For the 86-93 they are only listing the rear caliper at this time but still include everything needed to rebuild the rear caliper. And for the 2nd Gen bikes, the have numerous parts also.

Check it out as it is another option to keep the bikes on the road.

Rick F.

Wonder if they have the metering valves... Mine is leaking and I can't find any. Trying to find out if one off another bike will work.. So far I got nothing.

"Never ride faster then your guardian angel can fly."

I am going to rebuild the MC and front calipers of my Vmax and throw on some HH pads. I called the phone number there and spoke to Mark. Really nice guy, I asked him directly if any of the items he was selling were from China. He said it's all made in Japan except some pistons made in in Europe, I think he said England but I cant recall. He mentioned trying some of the Chinese parts a few years back and said they were absolute garbage so he only sells the better stuff.

He also said that there are lots of items not listed yet on the website so if it's not there to email or call him. It seems pretty straight up so I'll give them a try.

I have spent most of my day spring cleaning still got alot to do, But I managed to call several places about a NEW metering valve they all suggested calling salvage yards, I am real leery of this because it is something that I will consider a life or death safety feature.... So I will give them a call also to see if they do by chance have a metering valve that will work. I am rather shocked they don't carry this no more and do not have any aftermarkets I can find. Is it possible to rebuild the Metering Valve?

I have spent most of my day spring cleaning still got alot to do, But I managed to call several places about a NEW metering valve they all suggested calling salvage yards, I am real leery of this because it is something that I will consider a life or death safety feature.... So I will give them a call also to see if they do by chance have a metering valve that will work. I am rather shocked they don't carry this no more and do not have any aftermarkets I can find. Is it possible to rebuild the Metering Valve?

There is a metering valve on ebay right now for an 83-93 Venture

"http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-1993-Yamaha-Venture-XVZ1300-XVZ1200-FRONT-BRAKE-JOINT-METERING-VALVE-/381996200626?hash=item58f0bf72b2:g:oN0AAOSwdGFYwZb5&vxp=mtr"

Looks like they are the same for the 1st Gens no matter the year.

Good luck.

Rick F.

I ordered 87 brake lines from ebay thru pinwall motorcycles. But this explains all the problems I was having bleeding the darn things... And brake fluid spraying all over a coil pack is probably why I thought I got some bad gas. I did email the guy and got a response back from him fairly quickly. He said he is working on the brake lines possibly be in the next year. So have them bookmarked, this is the second time within a month you have synced up to something I was working on... Right now I am waiting on the Damon DVD to dive into that... So many roads are shut down so I have no where to ride unless its straight roads...

"Never ride faster then your guardian angel can fly."

I talked with Mark today about some items I would like to buy and we also talked about a kit for the front calipers of the 86-93 Ventures. He didnt realize that the front calipers have different size caliper piston in each caliper. There are two 34mm and two 32mm piston in each one on the front. The rears have the same size for all 4. I told him I had a front one here that I can disassemble and double check measurements and forward him the information. Sounds like with that he will add the kit to his line.

I also have new factory seals from Yamaha for the piston that I can also measure for him to ensure the correct parts in the kit.

Rick F.

• 3 weeks later...

I did some checking over the weekend and I was wrong in what I thought about the brake calipers on the front of my 89 VR. The left side uses 32mm caliper pistons and the right side use 34mm caliper pistons. Once I figured this out, I ordered the rear caliper kit that is listed on Brakecrafters website as the rear kit he list will also work for the right front caliper which is the one that is leaking on my bike. I also forward the information to Mark and asked if he can produce a kit for the 32mm calipers in the near future.

Looking up the part numbers on the yamaha parts fiche, I notice the 32mm calipers where used on Yamaha motorcycles from 1986-2014 and the 34mm calipers where used from 1986-2001, so there is a lot of bikes out there that can use these kits.

Rick F.

Edited by cimmer

• 1 year later...

The new website is www.brakecrafters.com. I bought the front and rear kits for $81 shipped. That includes a 15% discount for first time purchasers. It's a terrific kit. No bumbling with the parts fiche to figure out what to order from Yamaha, includes installation grease, and less expensive, too. The owner, Mark, was also very responsive and helpful when I wanted to make sure that I got the correct seals installed in the correct caliper (since the Venture front caliper pistons are different sizes.) The driver's right caliper uses 32mm pistons and the driver's left caliper uses 34mm pistons. Mark indicated that he packs the seals so that the right caliper seals (smaller pistons) are in the top of the packaging and the left caliper seals (larger pistons) are in the bottom of the packaging.