IGNORED

BFG T/A offerings

dbikers

Hello dark siders of the Venturerider forum.

I have heard nothing but good about the BF Goodrich T/A and have decided that is the tire that I will go with. However, I see that they're only available with raised white letters on one side and blackwall on the other. So, what are you all doing? Are you just putting the white letters on one side, black on the other? Or, are you finding a white wall or raised white letters on both sides? My bike is in dire need of a new skid and has looked like this for a week.

Please let me know where you guys are getting your tires. Thanks in advance and safe riding.

IMG_4630.jpg

Edited by dbikers

I think the white letters is all that they offer in that tire. Everybody I've seen use it just runs it that way. Letters on one side and black on the other. The good news is that you can only see one side at a time. :)

I will mention ONE thing. It doesn't bother most people but it bothered me a lot. It will lower the rear of your bike about an inch, depending upon which tire you are coming from. For example, the specs state that it is 24.8" outside diameter where the Dunlop Elite 3 is 25.5". Some brands are even a bit taller so you are going to lose approximately an inch.

If you would like the rear lowered then that's good. In my case though, I actually liked the rear RAISED so I had installed the leveling links on my bike to raise the rear an inch. Then when I tried the BF Goodrich, I lost what I had gained so off it came. I never really gave the tire a good test because I road it one time that way and went back to the motorcycle tire mainly for the height.

Thanks for the response Freebird. i knew the tire was a bit shorter than the factory tire but that's fine by me.

I wasn't sure what guys were doing, if it was available in RWLs on both sides or not. Letters on one side doesn't bother me.

Thanks again.

Being only 5’ 6” I liked it lowering the bike and gear ratio too. The gearing is perfect now. I have put 14,000 miles on it. About ½ of them were on the interstate and the other on two lanes. It is a little quicker now and I don’t see any difference in gas mileage.

Earl

Edited by mm482

Most white letter tires only have exposed letters on one side. So guys like me when they buy those tires can put them to the inside. Now @ one time the "black" side has white under those letters. The manufacture has a machine that removes just a small amount of the black and reviles the white. What you can do is get a white paint pen and color the letters on the other side. I would just go the other way and paint the white ones black. I cant tell you the last time I cleaned the rear wheel. And my bags have quick disconnects.

I would just go the other way and paint the white ones black. I cant tell you the last time I cleaned the rear wheel. And my bags have quick disconnects.

1. I just washed the bike this morning and agree, you can't see the sidewall of the rear tire nor is it an easy task to clean that rear wheel.

2. I'm currently running a 165/80 Nexan rear tire that IS blackwall on both sides.