IGNORED

Time For New Clutch

adventurer 08

Odds are your clutch is just fine, it is the spring that goes kaput. The spring dying is an age thing unrelated to miles driven.

Skydoc_17 in the member classifieds sells a stronger spring and also sells the parts to replace the half friction disc with a full disk to get even more grip, as does a few other places. Don't forget to order the gasket with it.

If your bike has a good lean while on the side stand the clutch spring can be replaced with no loss of oil.

If you look at the Barnett setup, be sure to get the heavy duty springs and not the standard springs.

I am starting to get a little clutch slippage on my 08 RSV Trike,

If your bike has a good lean while on the side stand the clutch spring can be replaced with no loss of oil.

I hope his trike doesn't have any lean on it. I guess he could run the right rear wheel up on a brick. :stickpoke:

Randy

I did the Skydoc thing once. I ended up putting in a Barnett performance clutch. In my opinion John, and I know it MAY ruffle a few feathers, but being your bike is heavier with the trike conversion, you ride 2 up ALOT and you pull a trailer on occasion......I would go with the Barnett. Yes it is more money, but you will never have ANY slippage with it. I got mine off of ebay and have never had an issue since.

Yup, hauling around that extra 300 lbs as a trike doesn't help the clutch out much John! That, added with towing a trailer, shortens the life! I replaced everything and put in the PCW spring and so far so good, but if I ever have to do it again I think I will go with the Barnett setup...

I also recommend replacing that half clutch with the full sized Heavy Duty clutch Yamaha offers!