IGNORED

Little carb problem - 1989 venture royale - help needed

I am working on the carbs of my 89 venture royale and have run into a little carb problem. Specifically one of them was leaking gas out of the little black nipple on the bottom of the carb. When I tested it to see if it was loose... the nipple broke off... as you can tell by the photo. Not sure what this does but my guess is that it is some sort of pressure valve that is broken or stuck open on this carb. Can I replace it (since the nipple is now broken) or am I screwed? Advice is welcome.. thankscarbnipple (1).jpg

That is your carb drain, I believe those do pull out. I have taken mine off but that was on my play carb which I no longer have. But if that is leaking more then likely your drain screw is cruded up. That screw will be on the front side of that drain. So undo the screw on the other side of it there should be an oring on that screw too.

That is a drain nipple. You use it to set the float levels .

If you still have the piece you broke off you can repair it with Rapid fix. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rapidfix-6121705-Dual-Adhesive-System-1-2oz/49773019?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1235&adid=22222222227037263569&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=58991389058&wl4=pla-92126138258&wl5=1026879&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112354589&wl11=online&wl12=49773019&wl13=&veh=sem

See the following post if you set them at 1" per the following you will be pretty close. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?66468-Float-levels

If you can find a good one they can be carefully removed and replaced.

I just got done with my 89, 3 of the 4 of those were broken off. As mentioned it's the drain tube. There is a screw that closes those off so no trouble riding but if its weeping fuel you may have to clean up/replace the screw. I asked a few folks I know about replacements for the hose nipples and I guess they are like hens teeth. I just left mine broken, the downside is I cant do a wet float bowl level check. It is noteworthy that float level is a critical setting for a CV carb. I dry set my floats and with no other way to check their levels I gravity fed my carbs fuel then emptied each bowl into a graduated cyl and got 41-43 CCs of fuel per carb so at least I knew they were consistent. So yea, in short it's nice to have them but its not a deal breaker if they are broken. I dry set my floats on my Vmax and again on the Venture and my results have been great. They tend to be a touch high from the factory. http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prody11.html