IGNORED

Edmonton to San Fran including PCH.June 2017

Uturn 780

I've read the other posts on here about this ride. This has been a bucket list trip for me and most of the planning is done. Now that I'm on a touring bike, the wife loves to ride and is excited to come along. She can't do the full long trip or long days on the bike, so we have broken the PCH into several shorter days and she will fly into Portland and fly back from San Fran. This gives me several days to tour back on any road that interests me.

Day 1: Edmonton to Cranbrook BC (May 29, 2017)

Day 2: Cranbrook to Kennewick Wa

Day 3: Pick up wife at Portland airport, drive to Astoria and stay in Seaside, OR

Day 4: Seaside OR to Coos Bay OR

Day 5: Coos Bay to Eureka CA

Day 6: Eureka to San Rafeal CA.

Day 7: Ride around San Fran, enjoy a beach.

Day 8: Drop wife of at San Fran Airport and head to Reno via west side Lake Tahoe.

Day 9/10/11: Still planning this leg home, stopping in Kelowna BC before heading back to Edmonton.

Hopefully the sun shines on us, and the traffic is lighter in June! I will post pics of the trip as we go.

Lots of great ideas already for sightseeing if the weather holds up. If you have any suggestions, we would like to hear them.

• 1 month later...

Greetings @Utrun 780 from your "Venture Alberta brother from another mother" from Calgary!

Sorry to hear that things have been postponed...hope all is A-OK on your side though!

I was so looking forward to hearing about your adventures documented on the forum....guess I'll have to wait until next year.:crying:

Hope you and your wife get to do some "practice" long haul rides in for 2017. :Venture:

Unfortunately this trip has been postponed to 2018

Hey, Uturn, my Edmonton brother. We will have to meet up one day for coffee, as there aren't too many of us VentureRiders around these parts.

Its too bad your trip got postponed. Just a heads up on travelling that way in June. My good buddy and fellow member Doug Ivey (divey) and I went to a "Venture West" event in California 2 years ago in June. The weather was extremely hot in Cali and surrounding states, and when we left the event, It was recommended by Nancy Rogers (Ace High Leathers), that we get "Cooling Vests", to help keep our core temperature down during the ride. I had never heard of this type of thing, but we tracked a couple down at a motorcycle shop, and let me tell you, they are THE BOMB! All you do is soak them in water, squish out the excess water and put it on under your jacket. They slowly evaporate during the ride, but felt amazing in the heat. When we would stop for gas, we would hit the washroom and re-apply the water. I can't stress enough how well these items worked. They are only around $30, if memory serves. You don't want to start getting heat exhaustion or heat stroke anytime, but when you are on 2 wheels, it is that much worse.

Dale

Hi Dale. I'm just east of Sherwood Park. There's a few ventures out my way, but not many!! I work shift work and always enjoy afternoon rides around the city for a beer. Redwater, Barrhead, Sunnybrook, etc.

Guest divey
Hi Dale. I'm just east of Sherwood Park. There's a few ventures out my way, but not many!! I work shift work and always enjoy afternoon rides around the city for a beer. Redwater, Barrhead, Sunnybrook, etc.

As in Ardrossan? Doug

That sounds good. I'm a regular hours worker, but often look for a ride on the weekends. Perhaps one weekend Divey and myself could meet you for a coffee and a cruise.

Dale.