IGNORED

EFI for the Ventures

Flyinfool

Now look what you did, you got me thinking again, That is ALWAYS dangerous. Just ask @cowpuc.

Since I posted that new deflector design I have gone in and added the fillet radii all around the deflector and also changed the deflector angle from 45° to 60°. I already have a 60° dovetail cutter to make that cut. And in thinking about it the 60° angel will also direct the spray more to the center line of the venturi. this should give even less fuel clinging the the carb walls and even better mixing. Maybe?

Now I will have to go thru my cutter inventory to see if I actually have a corner rounding end mill in that size and a radius end mill in the right size. BUt if I use my existing dovetail cutter there will be a sharp corner where the deflector meets the body. Just because my cutter is a sharp corner.

Hmmmmm........ thinking again........My dovetail cutter is a bit worn, maybe I can take it in for sharpening and at the same time have him knock the corner off to a .03 radius. Sharpening is cheaper than a new cutter. I do have another project coming up soon that will need this cutter to cut a 2 foot long dovetail in steel and the corner radii will not be a bad thing for that one either.

EFI Injector Housing 4.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff I'm just over in Sussex - my 09 RSTD is my commuter for work - hour drive to and from Madison might as well be fun - but if we need to do some weekend testing on a gen 2... Let me know we can always play around with good ideas.

JB

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk