Has anyone in here done a EFI conversion on there 83-93 ventures? I did the MFI conversion on my 78 F100, and now it's time to think about the same on my 84 VR. Where would I start looking to find compatible throttle boddies and such?

A1,

I'm looking into this as well. I'd love to FI my current XS1100 along with the newly acquired Ventures. I like the MegaSquirt system, and have already acquired a box full of different throttle bodies. There are a couple of folk who have done the XS1100, a google search should find them.

Easiest thing to do I think would be to find a set of throttle bodies in the V4 configuration. Don't know what bikes that would be, but finding a set at a wrecker/E-Bay along with the fuel pump might not be too expensive.

It is an interesting project. Keep us posted if/when you make progress!

Paul

Edit: Here's a link to a guy who did it to a VMax. Some interesting ideas on what it takes:

http://www.saarloos.net/content/blogcategory/14/28/

You will need Injectors which provide more than 280 ccm per Minute while using the designated Fuel-Pump.

I'm in process of upgrading my Max next Winter. I already got a Computer and Throttle Bodies. You can modify those of a GSX-R 750, earlier Years. I got Bodies from a V-Engine Honda, but they have also be fairly modifed. I didn't found other Bodies from a EFI-V Engine.

Fuel-Pump should provide 3 Bar Pressure and it might be usefull to get a Pressure Regulator with a closed Fuel-System.

Hardest Part is to program the Maps. You will need a O2-Sensor to determine the actual Amount of O2 in the Exhaust and recorrect the Maps for better Performance and less Consumption.

I love the setup from Wild Brothers for the Vmax. Now where can I get an extra $6000? :confused24: That setup on the Vmax with the NOS injection looks like the route I'm looking for. Minus the injection though. That might make it go to fast and peel off the fairing and saddlebags.:rotf:I also think the sonic boom would be kind of loud when I hit the sound barrier. :superman:

I love the setup from Wild Brothers for the Vmax. Now where can I get an extra $6000? :confused24: That setup on the Vmax with the NOS injection looks like the route I'm looking for. Minus the injection though. That might make it go to fast and peel off the fairing and saddlebags.:rotf:I also think the sonic boom would be kind of loud when I hit the sound barrier. :superman:

Well, installing a NOS-Set woudn't be the biggest Problem at all ....

Go for it and make an Writeup with Pics while proceeding ...

NOS would be fun on the VR. I think I would be afraid of breaking the rearend lose and fishtailing though. Or popping wheelies when you hit the button. I have those problems when draggin' down main street without the NOS. Though I do love the look on the other guys face when the front end comes off the ground when you shift into the next gear at 8000rpms.:rotf:

I've seen a Video on a Vmax from UK, where you can see the Tach and the Speedo while running at 60 mls and then .... pulled the Trigger :rotf::rotf::rotf::080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv:

If i would be allowed here, i sure would have installed a NOS-System ...

I think, i have that Video at Home. If i can find it, i'll post it later.

All that intake stuff is pricey but nice!

They got some really kewl items for dressing them up. Wonder if some of that stuff will fit the VR. The billet elbow in front of the water pump along with the different engine covers are really kewl!

I'm not sure about what Covers you're referring to, but the Elbow fits, no Question, right Side Cover fit also.

Left Side is a bit Unkown, because the Maxxes Shift-Linkage uses a different Hole in the left rear Cover instead of the Usage of the Hole in the Generatot Cover.

If you refer only to the Cover-Inserts, they fit ....

There is a known Problem with the custom Elbows, in the Past they made it out of stainless Steel and Aluminium, that has given some Guys minor Leaks on the O-Rings when the Engine gets hot and cold after Riding. Today those Elbows are only made as Aluminium Covers for the stock Elbow.