IGNORED

Subscribed threads, no notification

Prairiehammer

I have not been receiving notifications in any form for the subscribed threads despite having Default Thread Subscription Mode: set to "Instantly, using email"
I have had that happen a couple of times over the past year, but it fixed itself, what ever the cause may have been. Just had a look and as of yesterday I'm getting subscription notifications.

• 2 months later...

Is it me?

After more than two months, there has been no response from the Boss.

I've tried everything. Cleared the cache. Tried it on Chrome. Reset my email address. Turned off notifications for a couple weeks. Turned back on notifications. Double checked my email address. Confirmed that my email engine is not sending the notifications to "junk" or "trash".

Nothin', Honey.

No email notifications of replies to subscribed threads. No email notifications to PM's. Nothing.

Can someone help me?

Thanx.

I've heard of nobody else having an issue. I just sent you two emails. One from my zoominternet account and one from my venturerider account. Let me know if you got either or both of them.

Yes, I received both emails from you. But not a notification of a reply to this thread.

I'm not sure then. First, check your trash and spam folders. You may need to add Venturerider.org to your email services whitelist.

The other thing you might try is to turn off the notifications. Save your preferences and then turn it back on again and save your preferences again. Maybe that will reset something.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have figured out what the problem is.

Yesterday, I started a gmail account and I set that account to forward email messages received via gmail to forward the messages to my main email address. Today, I changed my email address on VentureRider to the gmail address.

I now receive thread reply notifications to the gmail account, but gmail notifies me that the message has been blocked when gmail has tried to forward the notification to my primary email address. So it appears that the "nabbnet.com" (my primary email server) spam filter has blacklisted messages from dnelson@venturerider.org, but ONLY those messages that contain URLs or links or some other spam violation.

I have notified my ISP of the issue, but have not received a response yet.

Apparently, "Barracuda" spam filter, used by nabbnet.com, has blacklisted venturerider.org messages if the messages fail the barracuda spam rules. Don't know what rule the notification messages are breaking though.

I had a similar issue with ATT. All of my personal emails to any of the dozen or so variants of ATT were being blocked as spam. What it amounted to was someone had inadvertently clicked the spam button to delete one of my emails instead of the delete button and that put me on their spam list. It could be the same thing here where someone did not know how to change their preferences to stop getting notifications from VR so they just clicked the spam button and presto VR was now spam on that system. It was a pain to get that cleared up.