IGNORED

2017 International Rally Update

OrlinEngh

Sorry that I haven't been on here as much as I would have liked, But work has kept me busy and had a to get somethings here at home caught up.

I have the rides planned and stops picked out

Registration and Waiver forms will be ready next week.

Will be going by the Hickory Hill next week when they reopen to block off rooms there.

Will be meeting with the lady doing the tee shirts next week the price will be 7.00 to 14.00 I will get the design done the first part of the week.

I would like to know who all will be camping here at our place, and who will be camping at Sidie Hollow so I can reserve some camp sites there.

Thanks Orlin

I am sorry have never been to your house can you give distance from campground to your house motels . Me and my wife and 4 legged friends will be camping with a 24 foot toy hauler and did not what your place can accommodate as far as electric and or water .

I am sorry have never been to your house can you give distance from campground to your house motels . Me and my wife and 4 legged friends will be camping with a 24 foot toy hauler and did not what your place can accommodate as far as electric and or water .

I can get you hooked up to electric and water here at our place, Sidie Hollow campground is 8 to 10 miles from our place good roads there and easy to get to. Motels are 6 miles from our place.

If you want to come here we do have some of those 4 legged friends here and they get along with other 4 legged ones, unless they are cats then not so much.

Orlin

I love Interstell,, I mean Internationals,,, a person can find some of the most interesting lop eared varmints with very little work...

You know Mr. Puck, you could always make a pit stop by my place and maybe fill your belly with some tamales or some other south of the border yummies on your way out to the rally. If you decide to go that is. Just saying. Would hate to have you go hungry on that long ride from your side of the pond.

You know Mr. Puck, you could always make a pit stop by my place and maybe fill your belly with some tamales or some other south of the border yummies on your way out to the rally. If you decide to go that is. Just saying. Would hate to have you go hungry on that long ride from your side of the pond.

Hey Or,, tell Moe his ol buddy will be a day or so late again and this time I will be easily identifiable by my Tamale breath should we arrive after dark again!!!

SOUNDS AWESOME Air Ready - will defintely check in with you folks before hand if you make this one!!! THANK YOU for the invite either way!!:thumbsup:

I got to go to the Hickory Hill yesterday, and found out that there had already been 10 rooms blocked off, there are 8 left.

Thank you Karaboo for doing that. It was a surprise when she told me it was already done, Don't forget to tell them you are with the Venture Riders when you call or email to make a reservation.

I get a rain day on Monday;) and not freezing rain 50s and rain so I can play hooky from work;)

Please go to the calendar and RSVP and the Registration forms should be ready after tomorrow.

It will be great to see all of you that can make it even if you make it late and come in the dark.

Orlin

What you DON'T know about Puc's video is that he was standing there buck naked all the while...

:scratchchin: Heyyy,, wasnt neked at all,, cant you see my hat:moon:?

Knowing me and how I am always one step ahead of the masses Bongo ( one of the sharper tacks in the box so to speak:rolleyes:) - you probably knew this was coming even before you wrote that comment... I made the recording below right after the Goonersville International Alien vid, at least somewhat in part to prove to folks that may have been thinking that same thought (actually, for some reason I do tend to get asked whether or not I ever wear cloths a lot) that I was indeed - fully clothed (go to .55 and click play if ya dont wanna watch the whole vid).. On the same token though,, I also get asked if I own or have ever used a "GPS" alot too and that question is clearly answered if you start at the beginning and watch to one full minute... Ahhhhh,, what the heck:backinmyday:,,,, I also get asked a LOT whether or not I ever take a shower,,, if you watch that vid from start to finish you will find an the answer to that question too!!!!

Looking back on that vid - I pretty much solved all the worlds problems in less than 2 minutes,, guess I REALLY may be one of the sharpest tacks in the box:beer:!!!

He may want to keep his pants on around here, we have a German Shepherd that likes play tug of war. And if there is something hanging well it could end up a shorter or a longer story to be told.

Oh yea,, I TOTALLY remember "Tuggy" the pooch!!

But,, bust my buttons brother,, here's another problem solved!!

Reason I say so is:

When the cancer dude found my cancer year before last he says = doesnt appear to be the type that HAS to come out right now - slow growing.. Are you the type of person who will be worried day in and day out knowing you have cancer in there and want it out or can you live with yourself while we watch it for a while? My answer - I have no death wish but I am not afraid of dieing (he knows I am a life long biker so I figured he had to of known this anyway)cause I know where I am going if the Lord calls me home.. No worry's if you wanna leave it in there and watch it.. Fast forward to last December when they found it elsewhere and it was the bad stuff (doubling every 90 days) = then he says = BAD NEWS,, the stuff we were watching hasnt changed BUT got a new tumor at 80 cm and doubling every 90 days = gotta come out NOW:doh:.. Doc says he hates cancer and takes no chances/do everything in his power to get rid of the stuff:happy34:.. Then says, there are much more liberal places/Doctors who will take chances and try to save as much in there as possible = I know em all and can send you anywhere ya wanna go or you can get right on it here if you would like = your call.. Tip and I prayed about it,, did some checking on the Doctors history, got "the peace" about going ahead with him..

Day of the surgery the Doc, Tip and I were chatting during pre-op, he reminded us that this was "not open heart but was a real close second" - then he prayed with us.. Reminded him again that I "knew where as was going should something bad happen".. Also told him that he had my permission to take what ever he needed to,, cut me in half even,, that I fully meant what I said about knowing where I was going if the lights stayed out.. Get er done Doc.

In the end,, among other stuff, they had to remove some of that tube that connects the bladder and some bladder material.. That meant pulling the tube inwardly for a reattach (alternative was living on "a bag").. Gotta wear a diaper now (1st reason not to worry about tug of warring with the pooch PLUS - cant really ride neked no more either) and the exterior parts are now closer to the interior pieces (2nd reason for no worries about Tuggy)..

**** SIDE NOTE!! ****

Will try to remember to bring an extra old smelly sock or two if Tweeksis, Tip and I make it to the International this year!! If memory serves me right, Tuggy LOVED playing tug o war with my socks and I hadda ride home with my toes showing thru on my left foot and no sock on the other last time I was there!!! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Time to start rapping things up for the Rally. Sorry if I didn't get a reply back or a message out, But its been a very busy time around here and I hope that it stays slowed down for awhile.

I see that there are 27 people on the calendar and we have received 4 registrations if you know you are coming please send in your registration it would be very helpful.

Have been getting asked about what we will be doing.

Most of all I am going to make sure that we all get time to be together relax and chat and of course get in some riding.

Tuesday will be everyone that is coming will meet at our place. And if there are those that they feel like getting in a ride and most or all are here we can put one together.

Wednesday will be everyone will meet up here at our place at 10:00 we will head out for a ride, we can do 9:00 I know that there are those that will ride a long way to get here and may want to get to early of a start. For me I could head out when the sun is coming up but that may not go over to well.

Thursday will be the same other than its the evening for the bonfire and cookout here at our place.

Friday will be seeing those off that are heading back home and for those that want to stay longer you are welcome and if we can get in a afternoon or evening ride we can do that.

I will be getting together with a couple of the volunteers this coming weekend to discuss the food for Thursdays meal.

Will post pictures of the tee shirts next.

For those of you that have not been to our area, we have some great riding roads and there isn't very many straight ones, I know there are those that like to scrape the pegs, sorry we wont be doing that these will be nice paced rides so we all stay together and as safe as possible.

There are some that will be coming to Town before Tuesday we will be here so don't be shy.

I will be posting more information next week.

Orlin

Hi All

As it turns out I have my move date for relocation to Eddyville Iowa. The truck loads us on June 21st in Lansing and unloads June 22nd in Eddyville.

Because I have no idea how the last week of June will play out in my new appointment, I will not be able to attend the rally unless I can convince them I need a few days to clear my head.

Lisa is already tired of packing and trips back and forth so she thinks she will hold out for our family trip in July for some quality bike time. Planning on trip to the Dells third week of July with my siblings and some other fools that hang with us.

Orlin still hope to get together with you and the misses before we move for some eats. The weather sure has been lousy for riding.

The venture is at Adel, Iowa since April 27th when I gave into the temptation of a heater after 7 1/2 hours in the rain and another 2 hours of 40mph wind and 36 degrees on the 26th. I parked it at my son's house and took back my Dodge Dakota for the rest of the trip home, but we still got the spyder and it needs some road time to.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay folks its getting to the time where I need to start putting things in place.

If you want tee shirts you need to let me know by June 10th she needs two weeks to order and get them done.

I am not going to order extras to have left overs seems to be a waste of money.

Thanks to those that have sent in their registration, I see that there are those on the calendar and other that have said they are coming that haven't did the registration yet.

Due to the flood last fall I am still working on my road down to the campground and I cant say that it will be ready for cycles, we will have transportation to get you down there and back. Mother Nature has not been very nice and given us many good drying days around here.

I have the routes for the rides planed now its get out and ride them and get our stops and times down.

The bonfire and the cookout will be up by our house just incase we should happen to get some rain and we need to be inside.

I will be picking up some maps this week for those of you that may not want to be in a group ride and would like to know of the sights to see here in our area on your own.

Will be putting more information about the rides by the end of the week.

Orlin

"Due to the flood last fall I am still working on my road down to the campground and I cant say that it will be ready for cycles, we will have transportation to get you down there and back. Mother Nature has not been very nice and given us many good drying days around here."

Is the road to your house a dirt or paved road? I do not do well on a dirt or gravel road with two up on a motorcycle. We are registered and staying at the Hickory Motel.

Gary & Rita