IGNORED

Hannigan trike

Papyll82

Welcome to the family, I have no experience with that particular dealer, but I do have a Hannigan RSV and I like pretty much everything about it. There are quite a few guys on the site with hannigan kits so I am sure you will get responses to any questions you have.

Fire away!!

Craig

Hi John,

Welcome to our zoo!

I don't have a trike yet....operative word..."yet". but do plan on it in future when I don't think I can handle the bikes on 2 wheels anymore.

As Craig mentioned, we have trike members, so sing out with all questions you have. There's no such thing as a silly question.

Also, know that you can search our various forums for all kinds of info.

And again.... Welcome!!

I've owned two RSV trikes, one was a Hannigan & the other was a Tri-Wing conversion. The Hannigan was the nicer of the two both in comfort & features but at a higher cost. Like the difference between say a Cadillac and a Chevrolet.

As stated the auxiliary fuel tank & reverse are nice add-ons to have on the Hannigan. I had both on mine. I built & offer a 5 gallon system for after market Hannigan trikes for those don't have the factory system.

Any questions just ask here or pm me. I'll be happy to offer insight or info on three wheeling

Larry .

If money is no object I agree the Aux tank and reverse might be nice, but if I was forced to pick just one, I would pick the aux gas tank. The trike rolls so easy I have never had a need for reverse. The full length running boards are nice, they add to the "look" IMO and they keep you alittle drier in the rain. Also give you more options with foot position.

:2cents: Craig

The Aux tank Carbon One makes is a MUST have. The reverse kit is not really necessary as the trike rolls pretty easy, just chose your parking spots wisely. For an installer I'd suggest you only deal with an installer that has done many RSV conversions and has a very good reputation. Coach Rice Trikes in Georgia did ours and it's been flawless.

I have an '08 with the Han. kit. I love it. Mine was triked in '09 before reverse was available so mine doesn't have it. As long as I'm careful, it's not a problem. As for the aux. gas tank, mine has Carbon One's [aka larry] and it is a definite must have. Hannigan's version is quite different and from what I've heard about it, I much prefer Larry's. His has a separate control system and is operated from a switch mounted on the handlebars. There is plenty of info available on the site on both versions and I'm sure Larry would send you all the tech info on his. On the guys in Gladewater, if I'm not mistaken, I met them at the Lone Star Rally back in November. They are also dealers on some of the camping trailers and seem to know what they were talking about regarding the trailers and my trike. I'm planning a visit to them myself later in the year. If you'd like to get together and compare notes, I can give you a closeup look at just what your bike would look like triked, keeping in mind mine is a full out conversion and not the base trike kit.

I live in Murray Ky where the Hannigan kit is built. I have been to the factory several times with questions and to have some accessories installed and get maintenance work done. They're very helpful and knowledgeable,and they make a great product. I don't think you can go wrong with their kit! So good luck with your conversion.