IGNORED

leaving on vacation this friday

mother

if anyone has any suggestions for our trip heading east, things to see, scenic roads, bike meets, good places to eat, please let me know.

we are leaving Ontario this Friday morning and making our way to lake Placid, Adirondacks, head south of lake Champlain(friday), then head east to Portland Maine (saturday) then up the coast to Bar Harbour (sunday).

cheers, Scott

Guest BluesLover

Hey Scott - enjoy and ride safe!

We'll be heading in a very similar direction on the 28th - heading out through Buffalo, cutting thru NY to Mass, then down into Connecticut, and riding across the tops of the coastline into RI, Cape Cod, Cape Anne, and then back up through Lake Champlain, Lake Placid and home. I think the plan is to cover about 3,500 kms over 10 days.

Cheers,

Lou

You are sure going to see some nice country out there. Last summer, I was in that area, here's some pics of Lake George on Rt 9N, Eagle Lake on Rt 74, Lake Placid, Whiteface Mountain & the Toll Booth, Lake Champlain Ferry at Essex, and Kancamagus Pass along Rt 112 in the N.H. White Mtns., and Mt. Washington

North Pole, NY near Whiteface is a cool place to stop and send postcards to the kids from Santa during the summer. There's a fantastic pie shop on 9N in Upper Jay in that same area, just a little blue house that's easy to miss. I gained 2 pounds looking through the glass.

The Mount Washington weather was unique, as we had 75 miles of visibility, but it sure was cold for August!

Enjoy the ride!!

Gary

Should look into Lake George first week of June, they have Americade then. All touring bikes, check out www.tourexpo.com for info. You don't need to register, you can just blend in and enjoy the scene, unless you do the whole week, then register its worth it then. great area for riding

we started out last friday all sideroads for out trip. we cruised down to lake placid, adirondacks and thank you McBrush we took your suggestion and went to lake George, which was awesome. we cruised the white mountains, crawford notch, then over to portland maine. the rain was south of us, so we headed up to bar harbour. stayed in bar harbour waiting for the catamaran ferry. hotel wanted 128 per night, a couple came in behind us also from toronto and the hotel person told them 79 per night. i guess we still have to do some work on our image. we then crossed into yarmouth nova scotia and cruised up through digby and windsor nova scotia. we had to make the ferry to newfoundland so we got up yesterday, did a 500 km highway run to north sydney and got on 5 minutes before the boat left the dock. we are now at Sherrys parent house, and it is gorgious here. planning to do some lighthouse tours, and some more cruising. about 2400 km on the bike so far this trip.

we will be here for about a week. cheers, Scott

• 2 weeks later...

well after lots of touring down the coast of Newfoundland and around other small towns just north of where we were staying and getting our fill of lobsters, clams, mussels and fresh fish daily we had to say good-bye to Newfoundland and cross back over to north Sydney Nova Scotia. we stayed in Gabarus at a relatives house, then did the Cabot Trail the next day. stayed in Baddeck Cape Breton, then Moncton New Brunswick, then Grand Falls, then Montreal Quebec, stopped in Kingston Ontario and went out on a friends big saliboat for the afternoon, then we had to come home, boo hoo. 5,400 kms on the bike, one defective almost brand new rear Metzeler tire was the only problem with the awesome 1st gen. the road sofa brought us all that distance, and purred like an angry cat on every corner.

p.s. the other couple we were travelling with could not find parts for their HD at any of those towns mentioned above on our trip home. his stator went and none of the dealers or small repair guys had a stator in stock. i unplugged all his electrical loads, ie headlights, lights, radio, etc. i did leave him with a brake light. he bought a battery charger and we topped him up every night at the hotels.

cheers, Scott