IGNORED

First ride of 2017

chabicheka

Was 5 celcius yesterday, and roads were dry (most areas) here in Toronto.Had to go out meet some friends for coffee. Took car keys as well as bike keys as I walked out of house. Decisions,decisions...took me all of 2seconds to decide what to take. Really enjoyed the ride out and back, which involved small roads as well as highway.

Couldn't think of a better way to start the new year. Happy New Year indeed!

:cool10::beer::canada:

My first ride of 2017 lasted only about 10 minutes. The clock ticked over near the end of my ride home from work. It was a good start to the year though with starry sky and a dry road, while -2 C made it a bit crisp but enjoyable all the same.

29 Fahrenheit on my first ride Monday. I was finishing up the front fairing installation on the 87 I picked up a couple months ago, and with sun shining thru the shop window I knew it was test drive time. Fresh Carbs, tank, starter, clutch slave rebuilt, brakes flushed, left side cover gaskets, oil, coolant, but still had to know, is it any more than a parts bike?

Got her backed out, let idle while bundle up. Smell all the fluids and cleaners burn off the collector, turn around in snowy driveway... ran great! Second gear feels solid but kept getting sporadic wheelspin. But that wasn't just in second. Oh yeah, ice.... and 14 year old Dunlop Elites.

After about 20 miles and a stop for a half tank of mid grade (I know, wasted a good 25 cents), I was happy to put her away til I get the bags painted.

And then took the V-max around the block.

Ha! It seems the east is doing better than the west this year! Here in the Lower Mainland BC we've had :cold: zero & negative deg.temps for about three weeks now. plus a number of snow dumps! Very unusual for this area.

The group I ride with usually have an outing to a local hostelry on 1st Jan. As long as roads are clear & dry we go (those who have their bikes laid up go in cages) & we usually have a great meal together. This year however the event was unfortunately cancelled after we had around 10" of :snow: NY eve, on top of the snow we'd had previously. Roads were in an awful state. Of course here our city councils just can't deal with it & side streets, sidewalks etc are still in a dreadful state. More snow is being forecast for this weekend! Just hope it clears for the MC show scheduled for 20th-22nd Jan.

Anyway a slightly belated Happy New Year to all! :snow::canada::beer:

MC show? Do tell... is it worth coming up for? (1.5 hours from peace arch)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hey Retrostude

http://www.vancouvermotorcycleshow.ca/

Held at Tradex in Abbotsford (near Abbotsford Airport)

Easier crossing may be Sumas

It tends to be much the same each year. & some get bored with it. But we enjoy it, YMMV We didn't get there last year. Depends on what you're expecting. All the major manufacturers are usually there with new models, & some local dealers with show discounts etc but not a lot of clothing & accessories. Though usually 3 or 4 suppliers. Like any show it varies a bit year to year, biggest complaint I hear is the lack of accessories.

Hope that helps

Hey Retrostude

http://www.vancouvermotorcycleshow.ca/

Held at Tradex in Abbotsford (near Abbotsford Airport)

Easier crossing may be Sumas

It tends to be much the same each year. & some get bored with it. But we enjoy it, YMMV We didn't get there last year. Depends on what you're expecting. All the major manufacturers are usually there with new models, & some local dealers with show discounts etc but not a lot of clothing & accessories. Though usually 3 or 4 suppliers. Like any show it varies a bit year to year, biggest complaint I hear is the lack of accessories.

Hope that helps

You described the Edmonton show perfectly. Same ole, same ole, in my view. And of all the exhibitors, Yamaha's has to be the least exciting. No pizzaz at all. Won't be going this year. Doug

You described the Edmonton show perfectly. Same ole, same ole, in my view. And of all the exhibitors, Yamaha's has to be the least exciting. No pizzaz at all. Won't be going this year. Doug

Ya! you could be correct Doug as it's the same show, same organizers, same exhibitors (except for maybe the local exhibitors) every year. The show starts off in Edmonton, a week later it's in Vancouver (Abbotsford) then it treks across country & Provinces east. I used to assist my riding school who exhibited & we like to meet friends there if we can. It's also nice to see all the manufacturer/ bikes in one place. For someone who's not been before though it could make for a fun & interesting day out.

To the OP :sign13: for :hijacked: