IGNORED

Sometimes I can't post

In some forums I cannot post. Also sometimes I cannot send a private message, even to someone that I have sent private messages to in the past. I am getting this error message:

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Obviously I can post new threads because I am posting one here. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks.

I don't see any problem in the settings. You may need to be more specific before I can help. For example, which forum are you trying to post to? Some forums are "read only" even for supporting members. For the most part, that is the "Technical Library" areas. They are read only so that information is easier to find and doesn't get lost in a lot of discussion. You will see some of them that people appear to have posted to but that is because some of those topics were copied from the Tech Talk forums with the replies.

As for private messages, you should be able to send them but you are limited as to how many you can have stored. Trial members can only store 25 messages. That number also included your "sent" messages so you may need to delete messages that you have already sent as well as received replies. The limit is much higher for supporting members.

There is also the possibility that some people have "private messages" turned off. There are a handful of folks that just don't like getting private messages and have it turned off. That is not likely the case if it is somebody that you have sent them to before though.

In some forums I cannot post. Also sometimes I cannot send a private message, even to someone that I have sent private messages to in the past. I am getting this error message: