IGNORED

Just thinking out loud,, wondering if a "bike or parts for sale" discussion area,,,,,

cowpuc

Every once in while I run across something on Craigs or Ebay that catches my attention and it seems like it would be fun to chit chat with the lop eared varmints here about it - not in a trying to sell someone something way but in just a discussion type of a way. Today I noticed an Indian Chief with a side car on it on Craigs and thought to myself - wonder if any of my buddies have any experience with that type of side hack.. Couple days ago I noticed one of those little electric mini bikes like Eck restored - been fun to :stirthepot: by comparing the pics Eckster posted of his with the one I noticed. Then there was the built V-Max with a Fallicon balanced and welded crank and 41mm flat slide carbs not to long ago,,, :scratchchin:,, kind of like walking into a bike shop or window shopping bike shops with family members here:biker:.

@Freebird, I TOTALLY understand and appreciate the reasoning for not allowing "bikes for sale" here in the Water Hole but it seems like for discussion purpose - the classifieds may be somewhat limited to folks looking to buy or sell something and not visited much by those looking for open discussion purposes about things they may have found for sale and are considering buying or just plain old chit chat about something that caught their eye..

Wondering if a sub-category in the classifieds section titled "Mud Hole" :duck:might be something that would enhance the site.. What do you think Boss? Another one of my pointless, dork wad ideas :big-grin-emoticon:?

Puc

I do understand what you are saying. My question is why can't the discussion just take place there in the links to Craigslist? I'm not saying no, just wondering if another area for it is truly needed. The reason that such links to Craigslist is not allowed anywhere else is because usually within a few days, the links are invalid and it makes the posts pretty much useless. In the links area, those threads are automatically deleted after "X" number of days so the threads with invalid links to ads do not have to be manually removed. I have tried to be fairly lenient when such a link is used to show something in an ongoing thread elsewhere but even then, it is just a matter of days before it is useless.

I'm open to any arguments though.

Puc you could always kind of do a go around for discussion purposes of a neat feature or item by putting the actual pic and or text, with the advertising part removed, in the thread instead of a link that will go bad as soon as it sells. That way the features could be discussed on their own merits and the thread will not loose validity in a few days.

This way you are not violating the advertising rules since there is no price or contact info and still have discussion that will be valid for years to come.

Puc you could always kind of do a go around for discussion purposes of a neat feature or item by putting the actual pic and or text, with the advertising part removed, in the thread instead of a link that will go bad as soon as it sells. That way the features could be discussed on their own merits and the thread will not loose validity in a few days.

This way you are not violating the advertising rules since there is no price or contact info and still have discussion that will be valid for years to come.

Was trying to be all inclusive by including the opportunity for one of our club members who - if looking at purchasing a scoot so they/we/you/me could post the link up and get opinions on the deal/bike if they wanted.. Just another chance to :Im not listening to motorcycles :big-grin-emoticon:.. I really hadnt even thought about the ad's disappearing after a couple days = instantly making the post pointless :doh:..

Oh well,, I'll just keep tossing up the idea's like clay pigeons so Don can shoot em down = keep my brain sharp and his quick draw steady :guitarist 2::hihi: