IGNORED

Going to try it

Freebird

WE need a list of sizes and Brands that will do this. I do my own mounting and balancing. From what I hear could have a time with this. Just one size works for this or is there room for a little playing? I'm betting not. I haven't looked into it much but that mileage got my attention. If I get 5k out of a rear it is Great!! What is most popular Brand and size?? :think::Avatars_Gee_George:

I put a 165/80R15 Nankang CX668 on my bike about 2 months ago and I've been playing with tire pressures up and down the spectrum and haven't found the sweat spot yet. I've been up at 43/44 and down to 30 and I can't get ride of the high-speed wobble, but it could be the tire design as well. I have a new MC tire sitting in the garage but figured I'd give this a shot and found the tire for $50.

So what I draw from the video is that the CT was not able to hold a line in the curves and twice crossed over a double yellow center line. Or was that an optical delusion on my part?

Are you inferring you might be delusional? :stickpoke:

I can't imagine the driver had anything to do with any of hat..... :whistling: :confused24:

One of my concens with the Voyager was I would get even less miles out of rear tires. If I keep it right and go Dark I guess That won't be a problem. I just get no miles out of rear tires.:think: Growing up is not a option. Ain't gonna happen. If I ride right hand is busy!! 5k on a rear is a lot for me....:Avatars_Gee_George: And No it hasn't figured in any of my accidents.

I agree, use of the right hand has little to do with the close calls, its always the other #@$#@r!

If you decide to leave that tire on remember this:

The tire will WAY out last the grease on the drive splines. Don't forget to service them periodically.

Yup, that is right, and in fact when I switched out my first CT, is was because I took off the rear wheel to lube the splines, and discovered it was wore out.

Am I wrong in the thinking that when you lean into a curve it comes up on the very edge of the tire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yes, this is truly what happens. I have a couple photos of MCs, one with a car tire and one with a MC tire, that I downloaded off of Killboy, that illustrate this quite dramatically. If I think about it I'll upload them.

• 3 years later...
Does anyone still have their Rides Darksided with the tires on it? And which tires do they have it right now. Pics plz?

I'm running the Nexen car tire on the rear of my 07 but I don't have any pics. I put it on this past spring and have 11,503 miles on it (just looked). I did a saddlesore 1000 (1100 miles) not long after the install, wife n I rode from west Ky to Canada Niagara Falls n back (2200 miles), I went to the WNY rally (1700), and a lot of local miles. I'm guessing I'll get another 8-10k out of it. Soon as it's worn out I'll put another one on it.

• 4 years later...