IGNORED

2017 international rally?

eusa1

It's only my opinion, but i believe the location and the arangements were great for this years even, but the unfortunate reasons for changing the dates of the event after several folks made vacation plans had the most to do with the poor attendance.

I know several folks showed an interest in being a host after last years event and it requires a full year of planning to pull off a good event.

I started this thread to see if anyone might step up and offer to host?

i have met some great friends at these events and i have met and brought several new members into the group in the past year and would like to see them enjoy the group to it's fullest.

I was really looking forward to the West Virginia event but the date change got me. I can get off most anytime except when I have a trade show. That is a no miss with my company. When the date got changed, that was the conflict.

That being said, I raised the issue last year that our International Rallies had become more poorly attended and asked if we should just concentrate on our regional events instead. The overall opinion was that you all wanted to continue having an International. I have always tried to respect your wishes here but in spite of everybody wanting to do it, not many people showed up. Now that is not to say that it was a failure because those who attended seemed to have a wonderful time and that is what it is all about. It cost money to do this though. Even though Chuck was very careful and did a great job, it still lost money this year.

So I'm open to the discussion again. Do you want to do it? If so, do you want to host it? Where, when, etc.

Just wondering after looking at the calendar from this year. What month would we want to plan on having the international next year? Every month had at least one or more local venturerider meets or regional event. So if we move the international back to middle of summer would it step on the toes of another event? Just wondering thanks Joe.

Give a bit of time,, we had a great Ontario Rally this year, fact is we were looking at making it an International, but WV was taken instead but in Sept, so we decided to do a local one instead.

That brings up another thought, and that is for those who attended a regional, maybe a second rally was more than they could fit into their plans.

What ever,, Don and I will see if we can locate a spot that can accommodate a larger group. If we were to use the same motel, registrations would have to be in by February I think. We could take over the place. Or maybe we could come up with a different idea.

We were planning to do a repeat this year anyways, and making it a little larger would not be a huge issue I think.

IMHO there hasn't been an International since Cody in 2011... I'm sure I'm going to ruffle some feathers with that statement... It may have been biased to the west, but it was still central enough to attract quite a few north east members, and it was a bucket list place. Since then... and again IMHO... they have bordered on large meet'n'eat's with a couple of rides and tours tossed in for good measure. Heck, Don's MD Day draws more of a crowd. And one of the reasons for that is it's held at the same location every year. Kinda like Sturgis... :-)

So.... I think Freebirds idea of dividing the international into an east..west thing has merit with a VRW and VRE held at the same location every year about the same time with one following the other. As far as putting the bite on someone every year to hold the thing, create an international committee that can handle both... And they don't need to be from the area. Vic and I put Cody together and never set foot in Cody until the day before it started. Lodging, Catering, events were all planned long distance.... and I think if you ask any member who attended they'll say they had a great time... And we didn't loose any money!! It's never been mentioned before, but after all the expenses were paid I wrote a check to the SAF fund for $1900 bucks...

So the debate goes on... just some of my thoughts...

If something happens between say between June 22 and Aug 15th or so I would like to see about making it. Thats when I am off from teaching. I found a ride to Alaska I would like to do, but a little research and I'd be about $3k in on that deal.

I have already told my wife, I don't care where it is, I'm going. and just for Pees and Ques... the 2013 was AWESOME !!!!!!! the crew did a fantastic job. Don't take hosting as an easy thing. It is not.

Like I stated before, where and WHEN. (June/July/August) Great.:clap2::clap2::clap2: