IGNORED

Custom dash for RSV - replacing front speakers with gauges

As most, I'm carrying around a bunch of audio equipment that I'll never use. With my phone and my Sena, I'll never listen to the stock sound system and certainly won't use the speakers.

I know many have gutted the tape deck for storage. Cool. I plan to do that. But has anyone removed the front speakers and put gauges (tach, temp, etc.) in their place?

Any other examples of utilizing the space up front?

I learn a lot from you guys and really appreciate it.

Roger

As most, I'm carrying around a bunch of audio equipment that I'll never use. With my phone and my Sena, I'll never listen to the stock sound system and certainly won't use the speakers.

I know many have gutted the tape deck for storage. Cool. I plan to do that. But has anyone removed the front speakers and put gauges (tach, temp, etc.) in their place?

Roger

Its a great idea not only to reduce weight but gain awareness on the function of certain things we can't monitor stock. But I would be uncomfortable altering the stock portion of the bike so if and when it comes down to resale the next owner can apriciate what we all started with before we outgrew the dated technology. So I would add accessories like a temp gauge but maybe mount it low off the right side head motor mount bolt and a tach on the brake resivoir if needed. I like the fact my bike has a non conventional looking speedometer, a six disc cd changer, a tape deck that plays my grammar school mix tapes, and no ability to set the idle exempt by ear. Plus when at rides or rally's the tape deck always blows people's minds. And it's a good answer when people as why don't you get a new Harley, cause it doesn't have a tape deck DUH.

Roger

Never heard of that but many folks have replaced the cassette deck with gauges including myself. There's lot's of info about "how to" here on the site for that.