IGNORED

Girlfriend never wears helmet, but will from this day forward, so she says!

The Great White Buffalo

About 10 or 12 years ago I read a post about a crash. There was a pic of this young couple riding by on a sport bike. He was wearing shorts, a T-shirt and helmet and she was wearing a bikini and a helmet. About 5 min later the gal was dumped off the back of the bike at 50 mph. She ended up having one breast ground off and part of her thigh but the helmet saved her life.

She swore she would never ride as a passenger again. The gal had serious guts though. After she regained her health she bought a bike and learned how to ride. There was a link to her website that she set up after the accident describing her accident and recovery process and giving testimony to the value of ATGATT.

• 2 weeks later...

About 5 years ago, my co-worker, Joe, was riding with his father in law. (They were on pedal bikes). They were riding side by side, when the father in law decided to accelerate ahead. During the push, his chain broke and down he went, hitting his head. He was wearing an old, retro style helmet, which was of little use. Long story short, he died from the head injury.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but if you are riding a motorcycle without a helmet, you're crazy. None of us think it can/will happen to us, but you never know. We can't control the other idiots on the road, or other conditions we may come across.

Dale.

I wiped out on gravel some time ago, but not on my RSTD thankfully it was a very low speed, (but obviously too fast for that corner) lol.

Hope you both recover quickly. I know it can feel restrictive claustrophobic etc but wear all the gear from now on.... PLEASE!