IGNORED

Anyway have helpful advice for these maintenance issues:

sho_greg

Planning to change out front springs to progressive... (How can I lower the front end- do they make a spring kit for that?

Of course changing out fork oil while changing springs...

While in there- plan to change out steering head bearings....

Changing front wheel bearings...

Changing rear Wheel bearings....

Anything else I should change while all these changes are being made... I'm making America Great Again.

Long as I am on here I may as well :stirthepot: with Sho Greg for a minute :cool10::happy34:... Never did have the honor of owning a 2nd Gen but have heard that they take more kindly to different aftermarket springs than Progressive.. The way I understand it - there is a company that makes non-progressively wound springs (sort of like the stock ink pen springs in the 1st Gens only MUCH better) in different compressive tension rates so you can choose by weight exactly what spring tension you want.. Not absolutely positive but I think @ragtop69gs went with these other springs and was very happy with what he ended up with.. I have always used Progressives in my 1st Gens but am very familiar with the concept of ordering after market springs by spring rate for my MX bikes of days past and can attest to the wonderfulness of doing so - Race Tech comes to mind from past experience but I know that doesnt sound right from what I think I heard Raggy mention.. Might not be a bad idea to do a little home work and get that puppy set up exactly like you want it..

Also if it were mine I would pull the brake pads, push the caliper pistons out about a pad width (not all the way out) - make a wrap around the pistons one at a time with a strip cotton tee shirt material - loop it around the piston - pinch the ends together - squirt it wet with either carb cleaner or brake cleaner - pinch it tight and move the rag back and forth around the piston till that puppy shined pretty - squeeze it in and do the next one.. Bottom all the pistons, bleed the brakes front and back till I got really good clean new fluid front and back and then put brand new pads on it all the way around. Do the clutch next.

When I had the rear wheel apart I would grease the splines and drive pins.. Also take a really really good look at the rear mono cause I have heard of shock problems with the 99's.

LOVE THE PIPES!! May not be a bad time to check those exhaust gaskets while ya got her up in the air.. Probably toss a VOM on the battery and check it and the Stator seems how I dont think those sweet hearts got a volt meter on em,, do they? Worth a quick check anyway.. Check battery water level if your not running AGM or Lith..

GORGEOUS SCOOT Greg - I love the name "America" and glad to here your "making her great again" :big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::happy65::happy34: Not to Trump ya but I been doing the same thing with my new scoot - a pretty little 83 I picked up from Carbon One - first one I ever did own with the 2nd Gear repair done - :guitarist 2:

Guest Jamsie

while you have the front wheel off, remove the front fender, slacked the pinch bolds on the trees and slide the forks up 1 inch max . you can use a tyre tread gauge to measure how much they stick through the top .