IGNORED

83 Venture Throttle Cable

Ok does anyone have suggestions for getting new throttle cables for my Bike... They seem to have discontinued yet another thing that well it just dont make sense to me, Is it possible to get after markets? It no biggy if I cant get them but just in shock that so many common sense parts are no longer available for this Bike.. or could i possible just get everything for the 89 model and just redo it?:think:

I just checked PartShark. They have Cables #3 and #4 for $22 and $17, respectively, for the '84, but none for '83. I wonder what would be so different between '83 and '84?

I need pusher cable or return cable but since that one broke last year sometime i figured might as well replace them all... and i dont know this reminds me of a car i owned once i could only use part from that year and make of car... :stickpoke:

I need pusher cable or return cable but since that one broke last year sometime i figured might as well replace them all... and i dont know this reminds me of a car i owned once i could only use part from that year and make of car... :stickpoke:

Btw the conjuction box is different its same as the 89

I just checked PartShark. They have Cables #3 and #4 for $22 and $17, respectively, for the '84, but none for '83. I wonder what would be so different between '83 and '84?

The 1983 XVZ12 had no factory cruise control and thus did not have the "five into one" rotary connector. The cable ends went into a "slider" instead. The cable ends were longer cylindrical terminations instead of the "barrel" connectors. The later cables have the barrel at both ends.

1983 throttle cable 2a.jpg

The 1983 Slider:

1983 throttle cable union.jpg

Later model union:

1987 throttle cable union.jpg

The 1983 XVZ12 had no factory cruise control and thus did not have the "five into one" rotary connector. The cable ends went into a "slider" instead. The cable ends were longer cylindrical terminations instead of the "barrel" connectors. The later cables have the barrel at both ends.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106597[/ATTACH]

The 1983 Slider:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106598[/ATTACH]

Later model union:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106599[/ATTACH]

so if i switched that box out do you think it would work.... I Checked the part numbers so the only thing that seems to stop me is this little box which those peices in that box are fairly cheap at least thru part shark... and those cables are used all the way into 90s model bikes

the grips same part number the throttle rod same thing so the only thing that would stand in my way is this box and does it go in the same place as my slider as i know there is plenty of room for it to be there....

I know but just dont know where to get grips lol i want to get ones that work and not something for SHOOTZOOKI that dont work lol I was kinda asking for idea where to look

While most aftermarket sources do not specifically offer grips for the First Gen Venture anymore, those that are offered up as Honda GL1500 replacements will work perfectly on the First Gen Venture.

While most aftermarket sources do not specifically offer grips for the First Gen Venture anymore, those that are offered up as Honda GL1500 replacements will work perfectly on the First Gen Venture.

Correct me if im wrong but thats a Godwing

Nothing like God about it.

But it is a GoldWing.....:rasberry::duck:

.... and the grips do fit on a MKII.

Aint that the truth LMAO I dont know if its just me but i seen one going down the road and i thought ITS GOD AWFUL UGLY:shock3: but i guess ppl like the style but i would never and that was a typo my bad lol