IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Went for mind clearing 50 miler today. Just one of those days where I needed to slack the reins and let her go. Got home with a little less aluminum under the boards than what I left with. Been a long while since I've rode her that hard but it was nice. Went into some mild twisties with a rattling ass hardley trying to push me-came out with nothing but clear road in my mirrors.

Yesterday

Went for a quick ride to a local custom shop shopping for parts for the Vento build that turned into a 100+ mile CTFW experience. Very good for the Soul.

We got a lot in common brother,, some of my greatest times are a result of chasing down parts, pieces, groceries, picking up kids, going out digging worms for fishing or just plain getting out of the house and ending up putting on the 2 wheel miles.. Unplanned fun and head clearing can result in the greatest of adVentures IMHO..

Sooo my friend,, whats a "Vento"? Car? Moped? Shooter? Got pics:big-grin-emoticon:?

We got a lot in common brother,, some of my greatest times are a result of chasing down parts, pieces, groceries, picking up kids, going out digging worms for fishing or just plain getting out of the house and ending up putting on the 2 wheel miles.. Unplanned fun and head clearing can result in the greatest of adVentures IMHO..

Sooo my friend,, whats a "Vento"? Car? Moped? Shooter? Got pics:big-grin-emoticon:?

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?142084-Vento-V-Thunder-250-project&highlight=vento

added a 3 mini fuse box by the battery, ran a fresh line up to the fairing, a relay triggered by the 12v accessory plug, and a switch power terminal block inside the fairing.

from there I added a wireless phone charger/mount, and a plug for my gerbings heated gear off the new switched power supply. I'll be replacing the tape deck with a Bluetooth adapter when that shows up in the mail.

is that the shinko 777 ? I was thinking about doing the same.

Yes it is. I was a little skeptical on the 777, until I’ve read of other riders that has the 777. These tires are great. I highly recommend on the RSV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is. I was a little skeptical on the 777, until I’ve read of other riders that has the 777. These tires are great. I highly recommend on the RSV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had great success with the 705s as well as the 804/805 on my versys. I think i'll give the 777's a go on the rsv

Edited by Kohburn

I've had great success with the 705s as well as the 804/805 on my versys. I til i'll give the 777's a go on the rsv

You will not be disappointed with the Shinko 777s. FWIW, someday...when I find my first SVTC, I hope Shinko will make the tire size for those beautiful bikes. If I am not mistaken, the SVTCs are equipped with Bridgestones. Yamaha does like to stick with the brand.

Rode to my local dealer to see if they will replace my leaking rear shock under warranty. I am 45 days beyond the end of the original 5 year term of the warranty. They said they will have to call their factory rep.

If they don't warranty it, get up with difitzbiz. He can have a rebuilt to you quick and he does it for donations to a cause he supports. And tell him I am waiting for my new Tony Lama boots.

:farmer:

If they don't warranty it, get up with difitzbiz. He can have a rebuilt to you quick and he does it for donations to a cause he supports. And tell him I am waiting for my new Tony Lama boots.

I have a good supply of Yama Shock Fluid Boot Dressing to complete the upgrade started at MD. Send them to me and I'll get them preserved ASAP. No need for new boots. Just like the RSV rear shock, they can be saved!!

After more than 17 years of owning my 02 RSMV I did the most rookie mistake. Last time I ran the bike for a few miles and brought it back to the stable, I shut it down and shut the gas off and walked away. Two days ago I went to fire it up and DEAD grave yard DEAD.:backinmyday: I shut it off and left it in acc.:doh: Totally killed the battery without need for CPR. Stupid on me! New battery in and back running. :clap2:

• 2 weeks later...
With this ear operation....all major activities are on hold until DOC gives me a thumbs up.

So went over to both bikes today and patted them on their seats. They understood...

Hope it gets better for you soon. I'm in Houston and ride just about every day depending on travel for work whether I might get :rain2: on the way to work. Not worried about the way home.

Rode in this morning and it was 39 F when I left. Realized that even with the heated grips my old gloves need replacin' and soon. One of these days I may even pick up some chaps. Just have a hard time justifying them with so few 'cold' days here. When I was younger I rode year round in norther Ohio. Here, it's easy to do.

I put new plugs in the bike a few days ago, changed to oil yesterday. Just received new air filters and will put them in this weekend. Front brake pads should come in tomorrow. Getting the new to me 2008 RSV all serviced and read for a road trip.