User Tag List

Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your venture today?

Canada
    AB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What did you do to your venture today?

Replaced the Starter clutch today on my Canadian 1986 Venture Royale named "Walt".......Popping the flywheel off wasn't that bad....did bend my "quality" puller which supposedly has a "Lifetime Warranty". Guess my impact wrench is more powerful than the "Quality China steel" of my puller. We will see how good the "Lifetime warranty" is when I try to get it replaced!

Typical wear and cracked clutch like so many others have had.....hope the replacement makes the horrible "gravel in the case" sound stop when you hit the starter button!!!!

Ran out of time to put her all back together again as I need to get ready to catch a flight, so old Walt will need to sit on the lift with her innards showing for the week until I can get back. Inside of the case looks sparkling clean and almost brand new...wish the outside looked as pristine!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0718.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	113505 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0719.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	113506
    "Live Fast, Die Young, and leave a good looking corps behind.....But in my case 2 out a 3 ain't bad"

2. Thanks cowpuc, BlueSky, videoarizona gave thanks for this post
    Likes cowpuc, videoarizona liked this post
    United States
    MI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VanRiver View Post
    Replaced the Starter clutch today on my Canadian 1986 Venture Royale named "Walt".......Popping the flywheel off wasn't that bad....did bend my "quality" puller which supposedly has a "Lifetime Warranty". Guess my impact wrench is more powerful than the "Quality China steel" of my puller. We will see how good the "Lifetime warranty" is when I try to get it replaced!

Typical wear and cracked clutch like so many others have had.....hope the replacement makes the horrible "gravel in the case" sound stop when you hit the starter button!!!!

Ran out of time to put her all back together again as I need to get ready to catch a flight, so old Walt will need to sit on the lift with her innards showing for the week until I can get back. Inside of the case looks sparkling clean and almost brand new...wish the outside looked as pristine!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/at...hmentid=113505 http://www.venturerider.org/forum/at...hmentid=113506
    OUTSTANDING my brother Riv!!!!!!

Of course,, as always you shoulda said something cause,, again as always,,, your ol buddy Puc coulda help ya out with some of us magic advice and told ya ya didnt hafta to do all that... As me and Jonas show ya in this video (cause we da man),,,, there are ALWAYS alternatives

Remembering my brother and friend:
    "I'm not Yammer Dan" - Yammer Dan
    Proverbs 18:24 - "There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother"..
    Miss you bro - Puc

4. Thanks VanRiver gave thanks for this post
    Likes VanRiver, videoarizona liked this post
    United States
    NE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recorded the video before I ran out of gas. Was half a mile from my buddies acreage so he ran over and took care of me in about 15 minutes or less. Then I had my second cup of coffee on their back deck and enjoyed more of my morning. Then the bike didn't want to start and I have a bad Miss. Made the 7 miles home with no issues but now I don't know. Everything was great right up until I ran out of gas.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s.tyler58 View Post
    Recorded the video before I ran out of gas. Was half a mile from my buddies acreage so he ran over and took care of me in about 15 minutes or less. Then I had my second cup of coffee on their back deck and enjoyed more of my morning. Then the bike didn't want to start and I have a bad Miss. Made the 7 miles home with no issues but now I don't know. Everything was great right up until I ran out of gas.

Sounds like some rust from the bottom of the tank may have gotten into the carbs or maybe just plugged the filter. Check the filter.
    2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture 23k miles
    1989 Yamaha Venture Royale 6k miles
    1985 Kawasaki ZN700 4cyl shaft 5k miles

7. Thanks s.tyler58 gave thanks for this post
    United States
    KY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or how old was the gas brought to you on the side of the road?
    Faded Blue is the fastest.
    Yammer Dan RIP

9. Likes s.tyler58 liked this post
    United States
    NE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RDawson View Post
    Or how old was the gas brought to you on the side of the road?
    It is 87 octanae w/ethanol. Was just purchased on Saturday. I put in 2 gallons

United States
    NE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poppin like nobodies business.

United States
    NC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back in late winter of 1973, I bought at used 1973 Honda CB750 for $1150. It only had 800 miles on it. A new one cost $1450 in the winter and $1750 in the summer. After buying it I filled it up with gas from an old country store. By the time I got it home, it ran really rough. I thought that now I know why I got it so cheap. Not knowing what to do, I changed the plugs and it ran a little better. After riding it some more, I filled it with gas again and it ran great. I got bad gas from that country store, the only time I ever got bad gas as far as I know.
    2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture 23k miles
    1989 Yamaha Venture Royale 6k miles
    1985 Kawasaki ZN700 4cyl shaft 5k miles

United States
    WI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally finished the painting, so I gave the whole bike a wash and wax job. I had almost forgot what color it really was. If I don't tell you, you would be hard pressed to figure out which panel I painted. This morning I decided to ride it in to work and finished off the last of the tank of gas that was bought back last August when I shredded my Achilles. This was the first "real ride" since last August. Bike is all bright and shiny.......... Was a bit sluggish on the old gas but perked right up about a mile into the fresh tank.

Now to go and buy some "For Sale" signs for it and start writing up adds for Craig's List......
    Jeff Borowski . . Had 88 Venture standard, now 2011 Silverado 4x4
    There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary, those that do, and those that don't.
    Sometimes the thoughts in my head get bored and go for a stroll out through my mouth (or fingers). This is never a good thing.

United States
    MO
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinfool View Post
    I finally finished the painting, so I gave the whole bike a wash and wax job. I had almost forgot what color it really was. If I don't tell you, you would be hard pressed to figure out which panel I painted. This morning I decided to ride it in to work and finished off the last of the tank of gas that was bought back last August when I shredded my Achilles. This was the first "real ride" since last August. Bike is all bright and shiny.......... Was a bit sluggish on the old gas but perked right up about a mile into the fresh tank.

Now to go and buy some "For Sale" signs for it and start writing up adds for Craig's List......
    No wished I had the money to buy it. Good luck fool.

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was down to the wear bars on both front and back tires. E3's are still available so had those put on. $186 for the front, $200 for the rear. Installed at my usual shop (which is no longer a Yamaha dealer since Jan 1)....tax and labour came to $600. Their mechanic has worked on Ventures for 20 years and knows the bikes - 1st and 2nd Gens. Labour rate is $95/hr - hour and a half labour in total.

Shortly before tires I did a number of things :
    - replaced lower front brake SS cables (had changed from a shiny colour to a golden yellow) with new ones and replaced upper clutch rubber hose with SS line (with MarCarl's help)
    - replaced front and back brake and clutch fluids (again, help from Marcarl at time SS cables were done)
    - replace coolant
    - changed oil and filter (T6 and Yamaha oil filter)
    - changed rear gear oil

Still need to check a fuse for my USB port in my trunk. Put a gang fuse holder inside the passenger back rest a couple years ago. Horns (2 Stebels), trailer, and USB ports run off the gang fuse holder. Also need to check my tach wiring as it cuts in an out when turning the handle bars. I also have a RAM Mount for my GoPro camera (mounted off of the clutch reservoir) that I want to drill a hole in the bottom of the mount since it collects water inside and want it to drain when it collects water.

When I picked up the bike from the tire change they said that the rubber mounts were in the wrong way so need to see how they did it so I know better next time (oops).

I also want to post for sale some of the OEM things I've replaced on the bike (eg: passenger foot rests, fork wind deflectors, etc)....when I get time.
    Don

16. Likes s.tyler58 liked this post
    United States
    WI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally listed my Venture in the classifieds.......

But I am still riding it to work on the nice days. I hope that by still riding it I am not talking myself into keeping it.......
    Jeff Borowski . . Had 88 Venture standard, now 2011 Silverado 4x4
    There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary, those that do, and those that don't.
    Sometimes the thoughts in my head get bored and go for a stroll out through my mouth (or fingers). This is never a good thing.

18. Likes videoarizona liked this post
    United States
    NE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s.tyler58 View Post
    Poppin like nobodies business.

I started her up yesterday after letting her sit since the running out of gas incident. Started fine, ran great!

My little dog decided that 4 a.m. was an appropriate time to start his day today. So to get even with him, I took off to ride through the sunrise and got a nice little 70-mile trip in.

20. Likes videoarizona liked this post
    United States
    PA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rode it!!! That's why I bought it!!!

Name:	silo.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	113583
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg  

22. Likes s.tyler58, videoarizona liked this post
    United States
    IN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last 3 days, I mounted the new tires, greased everything as it should be, changed oil + filter, changed antifreeze (may have been original, smh) all new brakes, took apart dash and CMS again, resoldered all connections, gas gauge still not working correct, washed, waxed, and took it for 100 mile ride in the hills. Riding real nice right now.

Name:	IMG_0254a.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	113658

24. Likes s.tyler58 liked this post
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast