IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Took the bike "around the block" (my 12 mile weekly keep the bike happy run).

It likes the cooler weather, although it takes a bit longer to warm up.

I've determined that to a degree the bike is like me. An older model with a few little issues and a little dinged up here and there, but when fully warmed up it is mostly as good as it ever was.

; )

• 2 weeks later...

Last week was last ride to work for the season for NOW (snow and black ice) BUT it is ready and willing to go for a ride anytime as it is off to the side in my garage as it is any year. Can't wait till next season! Depending on weather might go to Dover Friday 13th in December.

Well it was last night, but I put a battery tender lead on the battery. Put the billeted brake cover on and adjusted the position. Which also resulted in me having to adjust the brake light switch.

Next is the heel-toe shifter. And pray for some clear roads to ride.

I balanced the carbs and it idles noticeably smoother now!

Replaced the old brake fluid on the front and rears.

I also installed a set of stock Harley mufflers. I must admit that it sounds good, however, they are a bit too loud for me.

So.... I also reinstalled the stock mufflers!

I balanced the carbs and it idles noticeably smoother now!

Replaced the old brake fluid on the front and rears.

I also installed a set of stock Harley mufflers. I must admit that it sounds good, however, they are a bit too loud for me.

So.... I also reinstalled the stock mufflers!

you want to let go of the stock HD mufflers?

A few weeks back I ordered what I thought was 4 LED Taillight/Brake Light light bars. When they arrived this week I discovered that I had ordered 4 2-Packs..... Well, more is better, right? Got them mounted on my saddlebags. They are all wired through a BACKOFF module that pulses the brake lights.

LED Tail.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I installed a pair of Feniex T3 strobes under my trunk. They are the ultimate "I am stopping, don't run over me!" lights.

Edited by MonsterBiker

Got a call from Princes Auto (Canadian ---Harbor Freight) about tires were in for my steel yard wagon so I decided to RIDE 50klms to get them. It was -1deg C when I left and got to around 6deg by lunch.Left at 9:30am and got back by 3:30pm. While I was there I heard an old BMW shop had moved and reopened selling BMW'S and Indian's so went to take a look. TOO expensive for me according to PHANTOM any-way's ! Now up to 100500klms.

Today I adjusted the controls after a 305 mile ride yesterday to check out the heel-toe shifter (note to self, ensure you tighten the bolt holding the shift arm on the transmission. Next time you might not have an ACE hardware parking lot to pull into when you notice the shift arm is off, ask me how I know.) It worked out pretty good, but fined tuned it today. As well as the handlebars and controls.

Now to check it out tomorrow and get as close to 600 miles as possible so I can do my first oil change. Have 535 on it right now.

Eric

Just ordered a Clearview XXL windshield for my Venture. My wife and I just returned from a 5 day 1,000+ mile ride. The bike performed flawlessly, but it became abundantly clear that the 10" dark tinted windshield the previous owner put on the bike has to go! It directs the airflow directly into the top of our helmets and the wind buffeting at 75mph literally vibrated my eyeballs and gave me a raging headache. Not to mention the noise made it all but impossible to talk even with the intercom system. I also do not care for the dark tint.....it prevents me from seeing the road immediately in front of the bike. I will have to say, however, that Yamaha hit it out of the ballpark with the pillow-top seats on this '08 Venture. In 5 days neither one of us had a single complaint abut a sore rear-end. If it wasn't for the wind buffeting we could have easily kept going almost indefinitely. It is far and away the most comfortable motorcycle seat I have ever sat on.

Just got back from 2hr ride in 2deg cel weather. It was great to be out. Getting ready for Fri. the 13th get together in Port Dover Ont. Saw a dirt bike rider out also with Santa Suit on. Had coffee at Timmies and talked to a few people who said to keep warm.