IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Thanks,

Those are Moto Lights on the forks, http://motolight.com. Not cheap but I like them. They come with the mounting hardware. These are caliper mounted. I went with the LED because of less current draw. I that is all you are adding and want more distance, go with the narrower beam. I added the yellow tint, give them sort of a greenish glow.

Videoarizona,

I looked up Moto Lights. I found out they now have amber LEDs. Mine are the high output LEDs. They did not have amber when I ordered mine so I put a yellow tint on mine.

By the way all of my added electrics run through a fuse block and I have done the by pass on the ignition switch sold by one of our members.

Edited by leroy

Cleaned carbs and synced them...correctly this time..running great again... Skydoc drain plug fix next item on agenda

I did skydoc's drain plug fix last year and didnt leak a drop all winter long. It is well worth the cost and to do it when you can flushing your cooling system.

Rick F.

Finished checking over the RSV. I think she's ready for some miles. I got the stator in...undecided whether to take with or leave boxed and ready for a fed ex overnight if needed. Got in the cooling vest @VanRiver recommended. Inexpensive and looks really simple but well built. Waterproofed the boots. Tent gets it's treatment tomorrow. This is my backpacking tent. it hasn't seen daylight in 12 years...neither has the backpacking sleeping bag.

Tomorrow I need to throw some Seafoam into the 89 and run her for a while. She'll be sitting/resting while I'm gone...Then clean the front end of the RSV...darn bugs really like those lowers!

Finished checking over the RSV. I think she's ready for some miles. I got the stator in...undecided whether to take with or leave boxed and ready for a fed ex overnight if needed. Got in the cooling vest VanRiver recommended. Inexpensive and looks really simple but well built. Waterproofed the boots. Tent gets it's treatment tomorrow. This is my backpacking tent. it hasn't seen daylight in 12 years...neither has the backpacking sleeping bag.

Tomorrow I need to throw some Seafoam into the 89 and run her for a while. She'll be sitting/resting while I'm gone...Then clean the front end of the RSV...darn bugs really like those lowers!

What Cooling vest is that? Also anyone got recomendations for shoes or High tops I just bought the ones I have 2 weeks ago and they are falling apart. Gotta love Walmart Fallapart....:Im not listening to

I polished it , to the tune that you can now shave yourself in the paint's reflection. Then...went for a ride!
Just rub it in[emoji22]... I am glad they don't do test rides here. I already wanted one but Dang I would have been really heart broken. So yeah just keep rubbing it in[emoji36][emoji36] but guess what!! Mine is better then yours [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] mine gets 100+/- mpg. My first gen is faster!![emoji33]

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

What Cooling vest is that? Also anyone got recomendations for shoes or High tops I just bought the ones I have 2 weeks ago and they are falling apart. Gotta love Walmart Fallapart....:Im not listening to

I've had a pair of Shift Kickers for about 6 years and they have proven very durable and comfortable.

ETA: It looks like these aren't available anymore. It's a shame as they are really nice boots.

Edited by luvmy40

I've had a pair of Shift Kickers for about 6 years and they have proven very durable and comfortable.

ETA: It looks like these aren't available anymore. It's a shame as they are really nice boots.

I need something I can do everything in, the shoes I used to get lets just say lasted a couple years now lucky to get them to last 6 months. I don't want to knock a good brand of shoes but quality has gone downhill in my opinion. So trying different brands but very disappointed in clothes in general.

I need something I can do everything in, the shoes I used to get lets just say lasted a couple years now lucky to get them to last 6 months. I don't want to knock a good brand of shoes but quality has gone downhill in my opinion. So trying different brands but very disappointed in clothes in general.

In that case, buy Red Wing Boots and add a lace keeper. They may even have a riding boot with lace keepers already. Best quality work boots you can buy, IMHO.

ETA: Here you go, One lace up shorty and a more traditional "Biker" boot from Red Wing.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/607-red-wing-shoes/607-red-wing-mens-6-inch-boot-black

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/988-red-wing-shoes/988-red-wing-mens-10-inch-boot-black

In that case, buy Red Wing Boots and add a lace keeper. They may even have a riding boot with lace keepers already. Best quality work boots you can buy, IMHO.

ETA: Here you go, One lace up shorty and a more traditional "Biker" boot from Red Wing.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/607-red-wing-shoes/607-red-wing-mens-6-inch-boot-black

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/988-red-wing-shoes/988-red-wing-mens-10-inch-boot-black

Amen on Red Wing. Been wearing them since the sixties.

:farmer:

If my son would talk to me I'd find out what boots he fell in love with that I had to send to Afghanistan for him. Course he lived in those suckers. They weren't very budget-conscious however but were I soft leather steel toe that far outshined the military issue boots. He hasn't spoken to me for 2 years but I keep trying. Prayers would be appreciated. Nothing else is going to intervene afraid

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I'll third the Redwings! :happy65:

I bought a pair when I worked in the Middle East in the '70's.. Finally got rid of them a few years back. Long after they saved me from severing a few toes when I got a bit energetic with a garden spade! Course, don't know if the quality is the same now, but worth a try.

I'll third the Redwings! :happy65:

I bought a pair when I worked in the Middle East in the '70's.. Finally got rid of them a few years back. Long after they saved me from severing a few toes when I got a bit energetic with a garden spade! Course, don't know if the quality is the same now, but worth a try.

My last pair is three years now and just as good of quality as the other four pair I have. :backinmyday:

:farmer:

Well I had the fairing off over the winter and did some repairs on it. While I was in there I separated all of the electric plugs, including the plugs to the CMU and cleaned and treated with White Lithium Grease. Also I lubed the throttle cable while I was in there. While I had the plastic off I did the Acetone fix on most of it, but of course after 20 years of sagging in a certain direction some of that plastic decided it wasn't too into the idea of being solidly mounted back up. So I'm fixing that today. Plastic Crack.jpgPlastic Fix w.jpgPlastic Fix.jpg

Also, I found my leak in the front tire. I guess its time to kill this tire prematurely...

Ordered new grommets for the side panels and started work on repairing the plastics. I had 2 broken(one completely missing) bullet points and both sides have the bottom fingers busted off. The right side main fairing is broken at the rear where it bolts up to the frame and the lowers are really messed up.

A little epoxy(devcon 10010 plastic steel) and some Kydex fabrication should do the trick. I just hope I can get good bonding to the ABS parts. It may take some rivets as well.