IGNORED

Ace High Leathers saddlebag lid cover installation

Quite a few of us have purchased the excellent saddlebag lid covers that Nanci, @Luvdaleather , makes. She was never happy with the hole that she cuts for the push button/lock protrudes though. Due to the stretching required to install the covers and get a tight fit, the hole never perfectly lines up with the button. Nanci asked me if I would experiment with mine and see if it would love better if the cover was placed under the black plastic surround of the button. So I did it and she and I both like the look a lot better. Nanci asked me to take some pictures of the install and post it here and I am more than happy to do so. This is not complicated and not a fancy write-up but you will get the idea.

First thing to do is to open the bag and you'll see the plastic cover over the latch mechanism. There are three plastic fasteners that you will remove and then the cover will just lift off.

1.JPG 2.JPG

Then simple remove the two 10mm nuts that secure the lock mechanism.

3.JPG 4.JPG

You can then simply lift the lock and button out of the lid.

5.JPG 6.JPG

Now the plastic surround may just fall out like shown in the picture above but probably will have to be lifted out from the outside. It has two studs attached to it and may have to be gently worked out of the holes. It will come out easily either way.

7.JPG

Now secure the cover to the top of the bag gently stretching as necessary and using the clips sewn onto the cover.

IMG_0428.jpg

Using a scratch awl or even a philips screwdriver, punch holes through the cover from the inside of the bag.

8.JPG 9.JPG

From the outside, press the plastic surround's studs through the punched holes. Press it in all the way. Your vinyl or leather should stretch enough so that it fits just as it did before.

11.JPG

Push the button back through the plastic surround and install and tighten the two nuts.

14.jpgIMG_0436.jpg

Replace the plastic cover with the three push pin fasteners and you are done.