IGNORED

R-6 calipers on my 83

I am happy with the R-6 calipers, MKII forks and rotors and SS lines I did on my 83, except for one thing. I used the brake pads that were with the calipers as they had a lot of pad left. I also left the bike setup with the integrated braking system and the rear brakes feel very good and the front brake that is integrated with the rear works good. I am also still using the original front brake master. With the SS lines, I have a full hand brake that is very firm. But, my problem is it takes a lot more pressure on the front brake caliper than before, especially when the brakes are cold. I may either need to go to EBC HH pads or go thru the caliper and see if it is working OK.

On others that have done the switch, did you have any problems with the front brake?

Randy

Hi Randy,

The pads may be Kevlar and what I understand is that they need to heat up to be at their best. They are popular with R6s, R1s and such for the aggressive riding style... go really fast, brake really hard. I also have read that for moderate riding/braking they are kind of lame. So maybe HH is what you need.

Heather