IGNORED

Hannigan Trike trunk lock

alwrmcusn

My T-Handle trunk lock no longer locks/unlocks. It is now a simple turn to open device. I have tried to find the original supplier but have not found it. Carbon one was testing out several designs at one time. Has it been narrowed down to one yet? I can find lots of T-Handle locks but almost everyone of them requires drilling two holes, one on either side of the shaft. I DO NOT want to do that.

Key goes in, does not turn. The handle turns and opens as though the key had "unlocked" it. The mounted shaft does not turn....it should not anyway. My only problem with it is that it simply does not lock. I tried two Lowes, a Home Depot, and Pattersons RV/mobile home parts but did not find the same style device. I can find the ones that require mounting holes on either side of the shaft, but I do not want that style. I tried K & K locks and he wanted me to leave it but could/would not tell me if he could fix it. This was a very inexpensive lock, about $8 including shipping if I remember correctly. I would like to try to find a couple more. One for me and one for a friend.

Key goes in, does not turn. The handle turns and opens as though the key had "unlocked" it. The mounted shaft does not turn....it should not anyway. My only problem with it is that it simply does not lock. I tried two Lowes, a Home Depot, and Pattersons RV/mobile home parts but did not find the same style device. I can find the ones that require mounting holes on either side of the shaft, but I do not want that style. I tried K & K locks and he wanted me to leave it but could/would not tell me if he could fix it. This was a very inexpensive lock, about $8 including shipping if I remember correctly. I would like to try to find a couple more. One for me and one for a friend.

seems that this place has a number of different locks...but at a cost 3 - 4 x what you paid. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/Lock/N0161/C0182.oap?mn=LockSmart&mc=LOC

Geez, no need to shout....lol

What I saw was they have the locks that you DO NOT want as well as the kind you have with just the center cutout....... Whatever, just trying to provide info....

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/LOC0/TH68620/N0161.oap?ck=Search_N0161_LOC_-1_4516&mn=LockSmart&mc=LOC&pt=N0161&ppt=C0182

the above does not need to have extra holes drilled. However it is black and not chrome........

Edited by DblTrbl

That's a nice looking T handle. I have the reverse problem on my Legend trailer. Lost the key and it's locked. Going to have to drill out the tumbler. Luckily mine is pretty generic and has the two screws.... and there's an O'Reileys close by. :)

It is NOT the Hannigan part number. it is the ( T ) handles that some of use switched to.

Just call Neil at Hannigan if you want one of there locks. they will mail it out that same day.

OR talk the Jim Gooch. 270-753-4256 ext. 225 .

John Lee no longer works at Hannigan.

Jeff