IGNORED

Looking for alternate brands.

Spyder

Humm Did some searching and cant find any difinative info on where it is made. I would stay away from a Chinese made tire. Some take a lot of weight to balance, are made oval or have misaligned belts. So your looking for a BFG, look for a Michelin in same size. Same company, different price points. Toyo is a decent tire also.

Hey Dan are you asking me or everyone else? Seems like the bfg or Kumho but I'm having trouble finding either in stock. My choices right now are Nexen, Nankang, or Federal. I'd like to order one to have by the weekend.

Well I picked up a Nexen today at the local Meineke that I deal with. $70 for the tire alone. They were willing to mount it but their machine didn't have enough clearance. Spooned it on. Had a hard time spreading it apart to get it to seat even with a ratchet strap but it finally started taking air. First side popped on at about 100psi and the second one right at 110. I was surprised at the handling. I expected it to corner worse than my old tire that had worn flat in the middle. I noticed NO transition when leaning into turns. I think I'm still just gun shy from various negative remarks about square care tires. Forgot to mention, right now I'm running 45 psi. I'll be taking it easy for a while. My wife and I may be taking it to the Finger Lakes over the 4th if the weather is OK.

Thanks for everyone's input.