IGNORED

Voyager kit....how to rake

Trader

Years ago in the chopper days to rake the front end we just cut the frame behind the neck, bent it out a few degrees and rewelded.

So what are the rake kits I see people install to allow easier turning on trikes.

I'm trying to decide if I want to build a trike from scratch or just throw a Voyager kit on mine.

$$$ matter

I've had a Voyager kit installed on my RSV for a year now and don't really think the rake kit is a must. The steering takes some effort but you get used to it with the push-pull method and it only takes a lot of effort on a real sharp turn. There are those on the forum who will tell you it's not a real trike, and it isn't, but for the expenditure of about 1/5 the cost of a real trike kit, it does the job for me. :happy34:

The RSV steering is pretty piggy to begin with so the rake may help?? I found out that if you just pull to turn a Voyager you better eat your Wheaties. Push right to go left, and visa versa, and it's a whole 'nuther ball game. Much easier. I've never read a report of a Voyager Kit using a raked set of forks. It does make a trike steer easier.