IGNORED

RSV Center stands

Guest erock1

Guest erock1

I've read numerous threads recently regarding center stands for Gen II Ventures. Am I missing something ?? Mine doesn't have one, and I can't find solid evidence that they were ever available. Does someone make an aftermarket item that I just haven't heard of or something ?? I would LOVE to have that option !! Thanks in advance for your input here.

I put a Rivco stand on mine. Worked well until I put the levelling links on...I love the levelling links, but with them on, the center stand won't get the rear wheel completely off the ground. If I put a piece of 1/2" plywood on the ground first, it does the trick.

Guest erock1
Freebird was converting 1st Gen stands to work on the 2nd gen, but he stopped. Larry, Carbon One makes a lift adapter that works exceptionally well...

I have one of those lift adaptors. They work great !! Thanks for the input.

I added a RIVCO to my 2012 RSV. Not cheap but seems well built. I did have to get a couple of longer bolts and I had a little trouble lining it all up. However, since I am hard headed I won the battle. After installing it I am not sure I need it but now I have it. If nothing else it will help in changing the oil since I do not have a MC jack. Maybe I should have bought a jack instead. Oh well, an excuse to buy something else.

Yes, they're great for doing general maintenance while at home. However, I feel just as much, if not more value in having the center stand while we are travelling. When we get to the hotel, I like to put the bike on the center stand. It makes it easier to unload, and load. It also makes it easier for me to check oil level and tire air pressures, and do a thorough tread check before we hit the road. Since our bike is an RSTD, I am loading a large, fully loaded t-bag on the back, so it's best if the bike is level when I put the bag on the bike and strap it down.

Wouldn't want to do without it.

PS. Look up Rivco's website and find out what rallys they are gonna be at. If they're gonna be at one within riding distance of you, call them and have them bring a center stand for your bike and have them mount it at the rally while you look at the rest of the tradeshow. That's what I did. They go to Bikes Blues and BBQ every year, so I had them install it there while I walked around the rest of the show.

Bert,

It's a little scary at first, but you get used to it. I stand hard on the center stand lever, and pull up on the crash bar that goes around the left saddle bag, and it comes right up. Sometimes, if i'm tired from a long days ride, I'll have my wife, or anybody else I'm with, stand on the right side of the bike and help me stabilize it while I'm trying to get it up on the stand. I don't get caught up in a bunch of pride of "having to do it myself". I'm not scared to ask someone to help me. Rather do that, than to drop the dang bike.

• 4 years later...

Been searching for Center stands and I see its a pretty good cluster f&^%k going on with the pricing as they know how much we love these bikes. Im going to get a Gen 1 stands from my guy in Massillon Ohio and see whats needed to make it a clean Job. one of the things I chose to bring with me on my move to maine was my Mig and tanks. I moved up here to a raw piece of property and lived on it in the wild till Last spring then moved to this property where im building. Any ideas or suggestions on start point for mounting will be much appreciated,Pics of existing units a serious Plus. unit cost is around $40 add cost of bolts and a mou nting steel Maybe $20 its not a lot plus a rattle can of color..?? This One thing I am surely going to do and soon.

I'll add one thing. Don't grind or file the notch until you have it all together. Not all stands are the same and if you find it too deep, it will break over too far and make it very difficult to get the bike off the stand. Assemble it before installing and then with the stand in the parallel position, grind the notches until it just barely breaks over.

I'll add one thing. Don't grind or file the notch until you have it all together. Not all stands are the same and if you find it too deep, it will break over too far and make it very difficult to get the bike off the stand. Assemble it before installing and then with the stand in the parallel position, grind the notches until it just barely breaks over.

Roger that on the Notches. Honey dues got in my way so heading out for steel later on this morning.

Got lucky onCenterstands, the guy I get stuff from only charged me $20 a pop for a couple with hardware shipped. Now if I could just stop laying them over in the grass till I get a parking pad that would really help Huh!!