IGNORED

has anyone seen these in gray?

DblTrbl

Has anyone seen the protectors (clear plastic deflector attached to the bottom of the fairing) in a light or dark gray? If so, do you know where to purchase them?

I can find the lower deflectors in light gray but not the "protectors".

I have seen gray ones on a venture but can't remember where or who's bike.

Thanks

Can't help with that but what I did was spray painted the back sides of mine along with the lowers a glossy black to match the RSV red/black paint scheme. I painted the back sides so bugs/debris would not chip the paint.

Can't help with that but what I did was spray painted the back sides of mine along with the lowers a glossy black to match the RSV red/black paint scheme. I painted the back sides so bugs/debris would not chip the paint.

I did that too and worked/looks great.

I plan to do that also. I was also thinking about the window tint film though. If it will stay one, it might be another solution.

now there is a great idea.... I just happen to have some of that in my closet!! easy fix an no additional cost!! Gotta love it!!

I tried the window tint but it didn't work out very well. Apparently window tint only stretches one direct. With the concave shape I couldn't make it work. I was told maybe vinyl might work better. Maybe someone with more experience or more patients might have more luck.

Did you use any special paint to do the lowers?

just in case I decide to go this route, could you share how you prepped and what paint was used? Many thanks!!

To paint the back side of the cowl deflector....just clean it and spray the back with light coats (maybe 2) of paint. Doesn't matter if it is flat or glossy paint, from the front it will appear glossy because of the plastic.

How I prepped for the spray job.

I removed the two lower pieces because they are easy to remove. I laid them face down and put about three light coats of a spray gloss black paint on them, about 15 minutes apart. I used a plastic safe paint and I do not recall the brand, but I am sure it was purchased at Wal-Mart.

The two pieces that are attached to the fairing, I left in place because I did not want to split the fairing. I took newspaper and masking tape and VERY carefully masked off the pieces ensuring I had a large overspray area covered. I used the same spray gloss black and of course only covered the back side (facing the engine). I did three light coats on those two pieces also.It was a fairly simple operation, just ensuring it was masked off carefully took about 20 minutes. Basically I formed sort of a large funnel for each piece and sprayed them that way.I have not had any chipping off and it's been about two years. I really think it looks much better than the clear pieces. I am not a chrome type fanatic, the trike has plenty of shiny glaring in the sun places already (smile).