IGNORED

leaking front left seal

replaced left front fork seal. all seemed good. fixed class controller re soldered joints. tested class system up to 14psi in front and rear. tried to decrease the pressure on the front and it would only derease to 7psi. once i added air to front fork the new seal started leaking. any advice would be appreciated. put 370 ml of fork oil in.

OK first question, did you use Yamaha fork seals??? The aftermarket ones are known to not seal properly sometimes.

You may have a plugged vent hose on the compressor assembly causing the air to not completely bleed off, or the solenoid might be clogged up, etc etc.

The rear shock should be inflated to somewhere around 40 to 60 psi depending on personal handling tastes... Front is 17psi max.

In addition to what Bob said:

I have had good luck with seals from K&L Supply. But no problem going with OEM.

If the fork tube is not in good condition the new seal won't last. It must have no rust, nicks, scratches and be straight.

You need to also replace the dust seal and bushings. The dust seal protects the oil seal from dirt and debris. If the bushings are worn the seal ends up carrying the load and wears.

Of course the seal needs to be right side up and not damaged on the install. You need to protect it from sharp edges as you slide it onto the tube. I wrap the top of the tube, the air hole and the circlip ring with electrical tape when installing.

I've put a nitrile glove with the rolled cuff cut off over the grooves that hold the bushings at the bottom of the fork and made it work that way, but only the time I replaced the bushings just after sliding the new seal over those grooves. Bushings are key to doing it right and cheap insurance. Of course if your shiny chrome tube is mucked up it'll shred a new seal in short order for certain.