IGNORED

Puc you said you'd like to build another chopper! How about this build?

The Tooch

Hey Cowpuc

You've been talking about how you miss building your own choppers.....well I never did build one myself....and I'm really starting to miss MY choppers.....so how about you do this build for me.......and we can scratch both those itches we seem to be having.

It would be so awesome.....

:12101:

INDEED TOOCH - that has that certain "Chopper" appeal to it doesn't it:178:!! I LOVE IT!!:happy65: That thing would be a RIOT at that Oberlin MD - after dusting off all the tents and bikes a guy could easily putt over the pond and go pond monster hunting without the worries of getting nipped by one :guitarist 2:.. I can see LOTS of other uses for it, seeding and fertilizing the lawn would be a breeze - just toss a good mix into the blades,,,, snow blowing would no longer be a dreaded chore, even cleaning gutters would be a BLAST!!

What a COOL contraption!!:cool10::cool10::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::thumbsup:

So Puc......speaking of chops.......I had one some years ago. A crazy friend and I went together and acquired one to ride up Duval Street in Key West to entertain the people walking the sidewalks just for our own entertainment, and I must say, the entertainment value was significant. After a few years, it got old, was somewhat ill handling, and a bit uncomfortable to ride for any distance, so it went bye-bye. We would tell our girls that we were going to "take the dog for a walk".

KW 2007-2008 042.jpg

So Puc......speaking of chops.......I had one some years ago. A crazy friend and I went together and acquired one to ride up Duval Street in Key West to entertain the people walking the sidewalks just for our own entertainment, and I must say, the entertainment value was significant. After a few years, it got old, was somewhat ill handling, and a bit uncomfortable to ride for any distance, so it went bye-bye. We would tell our girls that we were going to "take the dog for a walk".

WOW ZZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW - now THATS a dandy brother:thumbsup:!!! I can definitely appreciate the entertainment value you two found by riding that around Key West - those pedestrians had to have been :scared::big-grin-emoticon:!!!

Looks like maybe a 100" Rev Tech ground pounder that would shake even the securest scoop of ice cream off the top of any cone that came within 100 yards of that puppy:big-grin-emoticon:.. Never did get to build anything quite that extreme as far as V-Twin's went,,, I did hang a 10" over Grass Hopper on a hardtail Amen frame with a 59 XLCH HD mag motor one time though.. It was a right hand shift chop that, unlike you and your buddies ground pounder - had more of a tendency to :scared::no-no-no::bang head: pedestrians than get a :big-grin-emoticon: out of em..

ti3 (172).JPG

ti3 (171).JPG

ti3 (175).JPG

ti3 (178).JPG

ti3 (179).JPG

ti3 (180).JPG

WOW ZZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW - now THATS a dandy brother:thumbsup:!!! I can definitely appreciate the entertainment value you two found by riding that around Key West - those pedestrians had to have been :scared::big-grin-emoticon:!!!

Looks like maybe a 100" Rev Tech ground pounder that would shake even the securest scoop of ice cream off the top of any cone that came within 100 yards of that puppy:big-grin-emoticon:.. Never did get to build anything quite that extreme as far as V-Twin's went,,, I did hang a 10" over Grass Hopper on a hardtail Amen frame with a 59 XLCH HD mag motor one time though.. It was a right hand shift chop that, unlike you and your buddies ground pounder - had more of a tendency to :scared::no-no-no::bang head: pedestrians than get a :big-grin-emoticon: out of em..

Nice chop Puc. My frost HD was a xlch like on your chopper. Can't remember the exact year , 68 or 69 I think..

Larry

Nice chop Puc. My frost HD was a xlch like on your chopper. Can't remember the exact year , 68 or 69 I think..

Larry

Thanks Lar! Any chance you recall what the "CH" in the "XLCH" stood for? I ALWAYS loved the XLCH's,, they always seemed to have that little bit of extra umphhh about em and their name reflects that fact..

Puc, it was a 107 inch S&S with a Baker 6 speed built by Big Dog. Along with many others, they are out of business. Rear suspension was air much like a Venture with an onboard compressor.

Oh yea,, BIG DOG was a premier manufacturer and that 107 was a goer!! Kind of sad how the market on those big Chops died off BUT it was fun while it lasted brother!! Beautiful scoot Dave and, being a softail - VERY RIDEABLE!!:thumbsup: