IGNORED

2nd Gen Lite Bar Spacer?

cecdoo

I won't know until I pick my bike up tomorrow but it sort of looks to me like it has one on it. If it does, I may let you have it if you don't find one. I really don't care for them. I know that they make it easier to split the fairing but they also cause the lower wind deflectors to be out further and I don't like that and don't think it is good for them. Let's them flex and causes them to break.

Glad you said that. I was going to add a few washers to "MINE" when I put it back togather. It is a couple hrs away from being on the road again. My head has gotten in the way but this weather.......:Avatars_Gee_George: I just cain't quit. And 3 wheels just don't ring my bell. If ya see me at MD it could be my 1st ride. It was my last:95: What do you think of a BLUE 99?? Might be a next winter project if I'm still here. :Avatars_Gee_George: And I really like that copper color Honda had on the wings around 2002...... Then I could just repaint the "Silver" Wouldn't have to rename it then....:innocent-emoticon:

I won't know until I pick my bike up tomorrow but it sort of looks to me like it has one on it. If it does, I may let you have it if you don't find one. I really don't care for them. I know that they make it easier to split the fairing but they also cause the lower wind deflectors to be out further and I don't like that and don't think it is good for them. Let's them flex and causes them to break.

Don Not true, if you use a longer bolt where the little rubber bumper is then a vacuum tube end on it they will not flex. That is what I recommend to all that have the extension that I was making.

Glad you said that. I was going to add a few washers to "MINE" when I put it back togather. It is a couple hrs away from being on the road again. My head has gotten in the way but this weather.......:Avatars_Gee_George: I just cain't quit. And 3 wheels just don't ring my bell. If ya see me at MD it could be my 1st ride. It was my last:95: What do you think of a BLUE 99?? Might be a next winter project if I'm still here. :Avatars_Gee_George: And I really like that copper color Honda had on the wings around 2002...... Then I could just repaint the "Silver" Wouldn't have to rename it then....:innocent-emoticon:

Look forward to seeing you again Dan. Don't worry about that paint. I've got several brushes here. We'll get it done. :)

Don Not true, if you use a longer bolt where the little rubber bumper is then a vacuum tube end on it they will not flex. That is what I recommend to all that have the extension that I was making.

Yes, I've seen it done that way and it should work find. I still kind of like them more tucked in though. We'll see.

Thanks for the offer Don, I have found a new one though. Seems the original manufacturer still has a few in stock:cool10: Since the deflectors on the trike are pretty scratched up I planned on using the polished SS set I got from Ruffy a few years back, so breakage shouldnt be a problem. I have had the extender on the 06 for 8yrs with no support on the deflectors and they are still fine.

Thanks again, Craig

Good to hear. I don't know if this one has them or not. Getting ready to go ride it home so I'll know in a few hours. I had the SS brackets and polished deflectors on the '99. If Dan shows up at MD, I can get them back after he goes to sleep. :)

I planned on using the polished SS set I got from Ruffy a few years back, so breakage shouldnt be a problem.

Wanna bet???

Unfortunately, due to the much larger size and lack of support on the bottom they vibrate and stress cracks develop at the 90 degree bend and they eventually break off! Happened to me and a few other people as well! Mine broke off on Wizard765's road as we were leaving. Heard a "tink" and thought my GPS made a new sound! It just broke off while idling!

Don't worry, you will probably get a year or two out of them! The other side looked perfectly intact! I now have a very nice set that Chuck (slow roll) made up for me! Not quite as over=sized as Ruffy's friends were, but good looking and sturdy!!

:hijacked: Well I'm going to put something out there on this topic.......no doubt get me in trouble with the boss.

After a wrote off my 05 RSV I grabbed all the parts I could before the Ins Co took it away, so I'd have some spare parts for my 2013 RSV that I was replacing it with. Well I traded in my 13 and bought my new Super Tenere, now gots some parts I don't need.

I have the light bar spacer and a set of OME deflectors with the mounts and bolts off the 05. If anybody wants them. You pay the shipping or wait and pick them up at MD or the WNY rally if your going to either. PM me.

1st come 1st served.

Spacer spoken for......deflectors still out there.

Edited by The Tooch
1 item taken.

I have the light bar spacer and a set of OME deflectors with the mounts and bolts off the 05. If anybody wants them. You pay the shipping or wait and pick them up at MD or the WNY rally if your going to either. PM me.

1st come 1st served.

Uh...Yes Please! I'll shoot you a PM.

Wanna bet???

Unfortunately, due to the much larger size and lack of support on the bottom they vibrate and stress cracks develop at the 90 degree bend and they eventually break off! Happened to me and a few other people as well! Mine broke off on Wizard765's road as we were leaving. Heard a "tink" and thought my GPS made a new sound! It just broke off while idling!

Don't worry, you will probably get a year or two out of them! The other side looked perfectly intact! I now have a very nice set that Chuck (slow roll) made up for me! Not quite as over=sized as Ruffy's friends were, but good looking and sturdy!!

Thanks for the heads up Bob, guess if I stay off Wizard765's road and keep it under 90, I mite be ok:yikes: Will keep my eye on them for problems!!

Craig

:hijacked: Well I'm going to put something out there on this topic.......no doubt get me in trouble with the boss.

After a wrote off my 05 RSV I grabbed all the parts I could before the Ins Co took it away, so I'd have some spare parts for my 2013 RSV that I was replacing it with. Well I traded in my 13 and bought my new Super Tenere, now gots some parts I don't need.

1st come 1st served.

Spacer spoken for......deflectors still out there.

Hey Tooch, any other chrome bits off that bike ya wanna unload? I am always looking for chrome:whistling:

Craig

Hey Tooch, any other chrome bits off that bike ya wanna unload? I am always looking for chrome:whistling:

Craig

Actualy I had a bunch but I guess there must be something about stuff falling off on Wizzard765's road. Cause he's coming to my place to take most of it off my hands. Freebird has grabbed a few goodies as well. I'll let you know if I got anything left in about 2 weeks after the Wiz & XV1100SE finish picking through the boxes.

Actualy I had a bunch but I guess there must be something about stuff falling off on Wizzard765's road. Cause he's coming to my place to take most of it off my hands. Freebird has grabbed a few goodies as well. I'll let you know if I got anything left in about 2 weeks after the Wiz & XV1100SE finish picking through the boxes.

Story of my life, Day late and a Dollar short...

Thanks, Craig

Thanks for the offer Don, I have found a new one though. Seems the original manufacturer still has a few in stock:cool10: Since the deflectors on the trike are pretty scratched up I planned on using the polished SS set I got from Ruffy a few years back, so breakage shouldnt be a problem. I have had the extender on the 06 for 8yrs with no support on the deflectors and they are still fine.

Thanks again, Craig

Missed out on the used spacers in the last couple of posts. So Craig, could you post the source for the new ones. I'll need one for the light bar on the '04. Have everything else, just needed the spacer. Zzyzx was going to make up a couple but he's been side tracked... maybe for a quite a while??