IGNORED

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

Eck

My wife and I were driving down this old back road yesterday doing about 65 mph (in no mans land- Montana), and I was eating an apple.

SOoooo, I took my last bite and threw the core out the window...

The window was up....

Duh...I thought the window was down.. Hey, it was so clean I really thought it was down. :confused24:

The apple smashed against the glass, splattered, bounced off the window, smacked me on the left cheek of my face, then fell between the door and seat.

Had apple all over the place.

My wife had tears in her eyes as she laughed at me.....What a memory I left her with!

I would have sworn that window was open..

Don't get me started on littering! I suppose an apple core thrown out side of the road will degrade eventually, but anything else is unacceptable, especially beer cans and bottles. I walk the road side of my house almost daily and pick up sacks of litter thrown out by uncaring, unpatriotic, a$$holes. I would be really disappointed if any current members of this forum would even think of littering.

Excuse my rant, but I'm sure most of us like to ride the countryside and see grass and trees and celebrate the freedom and beauty of our country, and not see beer bottles, Walmart sacks, fast food bags, candy wrappers, cans full of tobacco spit, water bottles full of urine, cigar and cigarette butts, baby diapers full of poop, etc.

THANKS, I feel much better now! :rant:

back in the day, when I didn't know nuffin, I tossed my cig butt out the window .... after a while I smelled something burning coming from the back seat ... apparently the wind blew the butt back in the open rear door window where it landed on the back seat and burned a big hole.

Karma's a b*tch! LOL

My wife and I were driving down this old back road yesterday doing about 65 mph (in no mans land- Montana), and I was eating an apple.

The window was up....

Duh...I thought the window was down.. Hey, it was so clean I really thought it was down. :confused24:

The apple smashed against the glass, splattered, bounced off the window, smacked me on the left cheek of my face, then fell between the door and seat.

My wife had tears in her eyes as she laughed at me.....What a memory I left her with!

If you were riding your motorcycle this never would have happened

Yeah that Karma thing. One Christmas when I was in high school back in the early 60's, 3 of my buddies and I were riding around throwing cherry bombs. I drove by one of our male teacher's home whom we didn't particularly like and the plan was to toss one on his yard. The guy in the back seat didn't get it out of the car. He yelled firecracker in the car. I put my elbows on the steering wheel and covered my ears. I found out where it was then. It was between my back and the seat back. It blew a big hole in my London Fog jacket, a big hole in my shirt, and t-shirt and burned an area on my back about the size of a silver dollar. Not to mention what it did to the car. I stopped and pulled out some burning cotton from the hole in the seat. When it went off it felt like someone hit me in the back with a baseball bat. Those old cherry bombs had some powder!

Don't get me started on littering! I suppose an apple core thrown out side of the road will degrade eventually, but anything else is unacceptable, especially beer cans and bottles. I walk the road side of my house almost daily and pick up sacks of litter thrown out by uncaring, unpatriotic, a$$holes. I would be really disappointed if any current members of this forum would even think of littering

THANKS, I feel much better now! :rant:

not to mention the drinking and driving!!!!!!

I should have prefaced my post with, "When I was young and stupid" , agreed neither action proposed in my post were the actions of a grown adult, I am much better now, never litter and never drink and drive. Not meant to offend anyone, Eck's post reminded me of something that happened a long time ago, still was not the right thing to do.

:crackup::crackup::rotfl::rotfl:I gotta tell ya Eckster :rotf::rotf::rotf: I am right there with your wife :rotf:... THAT is a classic my friend!!:happy34:

Now let me tell ya one that happened last night.. Tip comes home late from visiting with her mom, asked if I was hungry - of course I was hungry, I am always hungry.. I made the suggestion of heading to Taco Bell for a Taco.. We head out, its dark, we turned the corner by the Pizza Joint and there in the road lays a bag with something in it.. One of my bad habits (and its a bad one) is picking up junk on the side of the road (oughta see the cool hats, shirts, gloves and Harley parts I bring home from Sturgis every year) so I instantly noticed the white bag with something in it.. Turned around, went back and found a fresh baked Pizza that had probably fallen off the top of someones car!! Picked it up, looked at Tippy and proudly announced "Dinner is served" :guitarist 2::fatsmiley:..

Back in my young days, people walked the road shoulders picking up pop bottles for the deposit and aluminum cans to recycle for cash. I haven't seen that happen in a long time.

Just come to Vancouver, you'll see it everywhere ... homeless people with huge bags of bottles and cans, mostly found in garbage cans and dumpsters, etc ... as for outside of the city, it's pretty rare coz hardly anyone tosses their empties out the window as they're driving along. Folks are getting "litter conscious".

There was a time in my life when I was down and out and I did my share of picking bottles along the highway.

In response to @cowpuc 's post, I used to do things like that... until one day I saw a really nice hubcap (back when hubcaps were cool) laying on the side of the road. I stopped, walked back to where it was and bent down to grab it ... and all of a sudden it took off! What the..&*!!#@..??? That's when I saw 2 kids hiding behind some bushes laffing their heads off. They'd tied a fishing line to the hubcap and.... ... little buggers .... then I cracked up too as it sure was a sneaky trick.

The last thing I picked up was a wallet. The only reason I saw it was that I ran over it and I see money flying through the air in my mirror. So I stopped and retrieved it as traffic would allow during rush hour in Raleigh NC. I also picked up all the money I could find. Turned out a waitress at a downtown restaurant where I had had lunch many times put it on the top of her car and forgot about it. On the phone she sounded like she was afraid to come get it. So, I assured her I would be at work during the time she was off and she could get it from my wife.

:crackup::crackup::rotfl::rotfl:I gotta tell ya Eckster :rotf::rotf::rotf: I am right there with your wife :rotf:... THAT is a classic my friend!!:happy34:

Now let me tell ya one that happened last night.. Tip comes home late from visiting with her mom, asked if I was hungry - of course I was hungry, I am always hungry.. I made the suggestion of heading to Taco Bell for a Taco.. We head out, its dark, we turned the corner by the Pizza Joint and there in the road lays a bag with something in it.. One of my bad habits (and its a bad one) is picking up junk on the side of the road (oughta see the cool hats, shirts, gloves and Harley parts I bring home from Sturgis every year) so I instantly noticed the white bag with something in it.. Turned around, went back and found a fresh baked Pizza that had probably fallen off the top of someones car!! Picked it up, looked at Tippy and proudly announced "Dinner is served" :guitarist 2::fatsmiley:..

I WONDERED HOW YOU COULD AFFORD SO MUCH FOOD AT YOUR MEET & GREET'S :parrots:

The window was up....

before I wrote this I spent 10 minutes laughing my a$$ off!! I pictured your face, your voice. that is classic Eck. Holy crap I am still laughing...

Back in my young days, people walked the road shoulders picking up pop bottles for the deposit and aluminum cans to recycle for cash. I haven't seen that happen in a long time.

Back in my younger days, I didn't even have a pot to...

Nor a window to throw it out of.

(You older guys know what I mean).

Edited by Beau-Kat
correct spelling

Back in my younger days, I didn't even have a pot to...

Nor a window to through it out of.

(You older guys know what I mean).

Exactly, I worked handing tobacco for $3/day in the summers to make a few dollars starting when I was 12. When I got to about 15, they let me break tobacco all day for $7. And I had to spend the money on school clothes. From 15 to 18 I worked at a grocery store bagging groceries, taking them to the customers cars, and stocking shelves on Saturdays 13 hours for $7 and the last year of high school I also worked 3 1/2 hours after school on Fridays for another $3. In 3 years I never missed a Saturday. My Dad never gave me any money after 15 yrs of age. I found out at an early age that I had to depend on myself. Did a little of that picking up pop bottles and cans too.

My 1st job was babysitting 8 kids next door to where I lived. My mom and their mom were friends. I had to clean the house, vacuum / mop, cook dinner for all of them and do up the dishes, and have them all take their baths and get them into bed.. I was 14 yrs old at the time, and I was paid 50 cents an hour.. The first week, I made $22 bucks.

I then got a job up the street at a restaurant washing & drying dishes for 60 cents and hour..then went to a gas station the next year and made 75 cents an hour changing tires and pumping gas.

Man that was big time...:mo money::mo money:

My 1st job was babysitting 8 kids next door to where I lived. My mom and their mom were friends. I had to clean the house, vacuum / mop, cook dinner for all of them and do up the dishes, and have them all take their baths and get them into bed.. I was 14 yrs old at the time, and I was paid 50 cents an hour.. The first week, I made $22 bucks.

I then got a job up the street at a restaurant washing & drying dishes for 60 cents and hour..then went to a gas station the next year and made 75 cents an hour changing tires and pumping gas.

Man that was big time...:mo money::mo money:

I am soooo hearing that brother! Went from working in the Blue Berries as a kid here in Michigan to a genuine job pumping gas at Sunoco Gas Station.. It was the mid/late 60's and muscle cars were everywhere.. I loved cranking the dial over to "260" to fill those big block Mopars, Chevy's and Fords sitting there idling lumpely with my nose sucking up the succulent odors of unburned high octane fuel being wasted because of valve overlap in those cammed up beauties.. What an amazing era to be a young gearheaded kid filling my pockets from a good paying job (1.60 an hour) and full of dreams of a new motorcycle and maybe even buying a girl a little something special:scratchchin:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bike needs takin care of first of course:178: .