IGNORED

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

Eck

I am soooo hearing that brother! Went from working in the Blue Berries as a kid here in Michigan to a genuine job pumping gas at Sunoco Gas Station.. It was the mid/late 60's and muscle cars were everywhere.. I loved cranking the dial over to "260" to fill those big block Mopars, Chevy's and Fords sitting there idling lumpely with my nose sucking up the succulent odors of unburned high octane fuel being wasted because of valve overlap in those cammed up beauties.. What an amazing era to be a young gearheaded kid filling my pockets from a good paying job (1.60 an hour) and full of dreams of a new motorcycle and maybe even buying a girl a little something special:scratchchin:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bike needs takin care of first of course:178: .

@cowpuc, you old-fart, I am sitting here laughing my ...off and re-living every word you just posted.. I remember those days very well and when those muscle cars were sitting UP on the lift, you didn't give a hoot if some big nasty dirty snow mixture cut loose right on your face as you were looking up underneath checking it out or working on it changing oil or tires, fixing a loose exhaust bracket, etc.. Im still laughing.. and memories are just filling my head.

• 6 months later...
Just come to Vancouver, you'll see it everywhere ... homeless people with huge bags of bottles and cans, mostly found in garbage cans and dumpsters, etc ... as for outside of the city, it's pretty rare coz hardly anyone tosses their empties out the window as they're driving along. Folks are getting "litter conscious".

There was a time in my life when I was down and out and I did my share of picking bottles along the highway.

Hey SilvrT just come over Abby/ Mission way, & you'll see LOTS of crap thrown by the roadside & in the ditches. Even seen the odd mattress & sofa it's disgusting in some places!

Hey SilvrT just come over Abby/ Mission way, & you'll see LOTS of crap thrown by the roadside & in the ditches. Even seen the odd mattress & sofa it's disgusting in some places!

Guess I didn't notice it out there as I was blasting by on my scoot LOL

Just heard recently that there is now a paper cup recycling program. The homeless and street folk are raking it in with so many discarded paper cups from Timmy's, McD's, Starbucks, etc etc.

• 3 weeks later...
I am soooo hearing that brother! Went from working in the Blue Berries as a kid here in Michigan to a genuine job pumping gas at Sunoco Gas Station.. It was the mid/late 60's and muscle cars were everywhere.. I loved cranking the dial over to "260" to fill those big block Mopars, Chevy's and Fords sitting there idling lumpely with my nose sucking up the succulent odors of unburned high octane fuel being wasted because of valve overlap in those cammed up beauties.. What an amazing era to be a young gearheaded kid filling my pockets from a good paying job (1.60 an hour) and full of dreams of a new motorcycle and maybe even buying a girl a little something special:scratchchin:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bike needs takin care of first of course:178: .

Best job ever for a motorhead was working at the SUNOCO station. Our outside air pump was the only one in twon that went to 150 psi (air shocks baby) and everyone ran 260 on Friday nights ( except a couple of AMC guys who thought AMACO ran better) oh well. Our station was right on county line road about a block from the high school football fields. Every friday they'd line up at the light in front of the station and launch to see who could get to the hiway ramp about 1/4 mile away. Oh the memories!!!!

Cragar SS wheels! poor man's line lock! 8-ball gear shifts! Gabriel Hi-Jackers! Mini Skirts.......

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
My wife and I were driving down this old back road yesterday doing about 65 mph (in no mans land- Montana), and I was eating an apple.

SOoooo, I took my last bite and threw the core out the window...

The window was up....

Duh...I thought the window was down.. Hey, it was so clean I really thought it was down. :confused24:

The apple smashed against the glass, splattered, bounced off the window, smacked me on the left cheek of my face, then fell between the door and seat.

Had apple all over the place.

My wife had tears in her eyes as she laughed at me.....What a memory I left her with!

I would have sworn that window was open..

Buddy thought my window was down and did the same thing with an empty beer can!