Hey, I am trying to switch out the existing stock radio with a new radio and was wondering if someone could tell me what the 8 wires on the harness that hooks upto the amp is for. I have indentified the 4 for the speakers but the 4 I am not clear on are the red, red with black stripe, orange, and yellow. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey, I am trying to switch out the existing stock radio with a new radio and was wondering if someone could tell me what the 8 wires on the harness that hooks upto the amp is for. I have indentified the 4 for the speakers but the 4 I am not clear on are the red, red with black stripe, orange, and yellow. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

What year is your bike.....or is it a 1st gen or 2nd gen?

I cant find anything mentioned as to what you ride in your public profile.

Ok, there we go.

Handle control (Station Fast Search & Mute)

I'm working on put an original CB on a 1984, that has not wiring for all the functions, but I have a wiring for 1986 what I'll strip for this.

Regards,

What year is your bike.....or is it a 1st gen or 2nd gen?

I cant find anything mentioned as to what you ride in your public profile.

Hey it is a 1996 Venture Royale.

Sorry, I thought that was in my profile

• 12 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Thanks

The Red and the red with black stripe are the always on and the ACC these are the only two I used when hooking up my new stereo. To find out which is the always on with the bike off use a circuit tester. The one in the corner should be the always on ( I think it was the red). Turn the bike to ACC and check the second one it should now light up the circuit tester.

The other 2 I think are for the amp or the tape deck and I did not need them.

Hope that helps