IGNORED

MarCarl's VentureIn

Marcarl

Guess it's time to post this event.

It happens May 28th 2016.

All day event, rain or shine.

Menu:

We thought to make a potluck, or bring your own, but burgers won out instead.

We don't bother with the adult stuff,,,,, well,, bikes are allowed.

It's also just fine if you bring a wife,,, well your own if that works, Marca really likes the company.

The day starts when you get here, and ends when you leave.

We can accommodate a few campers, so if you are so inclined you are welcome, even the night before. Just let me know. Want to stay an extra night, that's OK as well.

We do an ice-cream run in the afternoon, so if you want to enjoy that, don't be late. We have left as early as 1 and as late as 2, so my guess is somewhere around there. Depends a lot on Saddlebum and how long he wants me to speech.

Plan on Pizza for supper, everybody chips in to cover the enormous costs.

You may contribute to the day if you like, there will be a jar for that purpose.

Be ready to meet and enjoy some nice, different, talkative, informational, strange, older, younger, middle-aged, tall, short, thin, not as thin, folks.

If you have never been here before, this will be your first time then. Don't worry, we can't remember who was here before and who wasn't, anyways.

Please post to let us know who's coming,, it's very important for the ice cream stop, and for the burgers!

Link to the calendar: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=473&day=2016-5-28&redirect=1

Yup! We look forward to this every year.. Anyone that can make it.. SHOULD make it.. Especially some of the newer members or anyone that has not been before.. It's so much fun putting faces with the names you see on here...

SEE Y'ALL THERE!!!!

Anne and I look forward to this event every year. Great event, great people, great everything!!!! This year, I hope to bring my sister and her husband along. My sister took over my Suzuki 500 in the late 70's and just last year, they acquired another bike (an older Silver Wing) and love riding.

Well I am definitely looking forward to this event as I do every year. Its the 1st venture event I ever attended and were I first started making some real good friendships. That was 10 years ago and I enjoy it as much today as I did then.

Well I am definitely looking forward to this event as I do every year. Its the 1st venture event I ever attended and were I first started making some real good friendships. That was 10 years ago and I enjoy it as much today as I did then.

Same thing here Ben.

So I got us a question, and I expect replies. After all, this is your day to meet other VentureRiders and their friends so give me some input.

This has to do with the organization of the day, so I need to know.

The Ride:

Should I scrap the ride and just have a get-together?

Should I change the ride to go somewhere different? We done the same ride now I think for 4 years.

Should the ride be shorter or longer?

The Speech:

Should I attempt to speech longer, or maybe a little shorter?

Should there be more content in the speech?

Should I speech before Saddlebum gets here?

Should I Americanize my words?

The Food:

Who is going to cook this year?

Parking:

Should the Harleys park elsewhere?

Should I get the 1st gens to park on the grass so that's it's softer for them?

Just a couple of questions :whistling::happy65:

• 3 weeks later...

Marca says to provide the following info.

Marca will not be joining us on the ride, she will be staying home to relax and enjoy the company provided by some others who would also appreciate an afternoon on the patio or lawn as desired. She says not to worry, lemonade will be on tap.

Marca says to provide the following info.

Marca will not be joining us on the ride, she will be staying home to relax and enjoy the company provided by some others who would also appreciate an afternoon on the patio or lawn as desired. She says not to worry, lemonade will be on tap.

Not sure whether Anne will be joining Marca as her situation is day to day. She has been caring for her father for the past two weeks who is close to 97 and could pass any day now. Yesterday, Anne's mother told him that the Lord is preparing a place for him. Depending on timing, I may also have to miss this year's VentureIn.

LOL! Lots of good questions here Carl. I think the weather may not co-operate so don't worry about parking Harley's

as we will most likely be in the Mustang. lol I love having this choice now and have used the car a couple of times.

We will Keep Marca Company if you decide on a ride as I am sure Dianne and Marca will find something to talk about.

See you sometime Saturday:D

Looks like the weather is going to be hot and sticky.

Got my day lined up to get ready for tomorrow, Marca is still hobbling around on a bad knee, so you know who's doing the book work and who has to do the leg work. It's a knee jerk type of situation.

If we get lucky, coffee should be ready by 8am, maybe even sooner, water will be cold and hopefully there will be lemonade or ice-tea to compliment. and oh yes of course, ice-cream for dessert after lunch.

looks like the weather is going to be hot and sticky.

Got my day lined up to get ready for tomorrow, marca is still hobbling around on a bad knee, so you know who's doing the book work and who has to do the leg work. It's a knee jerk type of situation.

If we get lucky, coffee should be ready by 8am, maybe even sooner, water will be cold and hopefully there will be lemonade or ice-tea to compliment. And oh yes of course, ice-cream for dessert after lunch.

did you say ice-cream! Looking forward to this great event, including the ice-cream. Hope marca gives you good instructions.

Thanks all for coming out yesterday. We had a good time even though some came without a scoot. Even had a couple of riders spend part of the evening with us.

It was our 10th annual and I hope somebody got some pictures or we'll have to do it again, for if there are no pictures, it may not have happened.

Great meet Carl. Thanks for the day and the lunch. We had a great visit with Marca

and look forward to the next time we get together.

Hope no one else got caught up on the 403 around Hwy 6 as it took us 2 hours to go 5 miles before we got by the construction.

I was not very happy!:bang head: