IGNORED

What Yamaha bikes have you owned?

Freebird

There have been a few posts about the bikes that we started with or have owned but how about just Yamaha bikes? I don't have pictures of all of mine but here are a few from the past. I can think of an '83 Venture Standard that I can't find a picture for and also a Yamaha 200 street model years ago...it was a 4 stroke but I don't remember the model. Probably more too but I don't remember. Oh....and a 535 Virago....

100_0888.jpg

750virago.jpg

920virago.jpg

yamaha-360.jpg

nelson.jpg

freebirds.jpg

000_0055 (Small).jpg

44996_426488939389_1390508_n.jpg

Edited by Freebird

Didn't own it per say. I did rid one for a fellow a few times @ races. I think it was a YZ 100 sc-yam-1978yz100-2.jpg

Had a RD 350. Scary fast for me at the time. Expansion chambers, and "slider clutch". You could almost drop the clutch from stand still and it would slip, motor rev and almost pull wheel but GLH !!! yamaha_rd350-1.jpg

750 virago. I think it had a pillow top seat too. LOL For a small CC bike it rode nice on highway. 001.jpg

Oh yea and the 09 RSV I just traded.

None of the pics are of my actual bikes. I think thats it for the Yamahas.

:scared:,,, this sounds like fun Bossman!!

Off the top of me head,,, lets see,:think:,,,, my very first adventure onto a Motocross track was back in 69 and it was on board a 1968 Yamaha DT1 - good ol 250 Enduro that I had tramatized to the point that it thought it was a true MX bike - took a hard earned 2nd place on that ugly White DT and was hooked on MX.. I stayed "Yam" for my racing needs by converting a couple more DT's before I bought a brand new Honda CR250M Elsinore in 1973 from the dealership that I worked at. Had a 68 350 Grand Prix, a couple RD350's and an RD250 (still in basement). Bought a brand new Yamaha TY250 trials bike in 1974, was a little hard on it - broke the frame jumping it, traded it even up for a pretty little green 1973 DT250. Had a Blue 73 Yamaha TX650 that I rode out west a number of times back in the mid 70's - chopped that one out with an aftermarket Amen frame and Springer forks. Bought a brand new red Yam 650 Special in 1978 - won a brand new left over Harley Low Rider on a job site the following year and sold the Special to a friend. Picked up a 81 XS1100 the year after we got married.. Tip started popping out kids and then things really got out of hand cause I had to start thinking touring sized bikes PLUS, dirt bikes, minibikes, quads and all that stuff so they (the kids) could ride with me on the big bike plus have bikes of their own - tough job being a good Dad and keeping up with 4 kids..

Had several Mini-Enduro's, a 1970 Maverick (Yamaha) Mini Trail, a PW50, a YZ50, 3 - Big Wheel 80's, a TY80 mini-trials bike, a 125 Enduro, a Big Wheel 350 (fun bike), a couple Banshee's (liquid cooled RD350 motors), a pair of TTR225's, 2 - yellow Chappy's, a pair of Zuma mopeds (ever ride one? like a moped with a YZ motor - braaap), 2 XT350's, a couple YZ80's, an 87 YZ250, an XT600 and an 88 350 Warrior (quad) that my youngest daugher nicknamed "Herc" short for Hercules.. That era was also the beginning of my adventures with the Ventures.. Picked up a Blonde MK1 Royale in 87 out of an estate sale with a bad stator. Kids named it Big Girl, shortened to B.G. - shortended to "Beeg".. Kids and I rode Beeg out to terminal end and 3 other MK1's the same during the years before I picked up Tweeks a few years ago.. You can still see the original side covers off "Beeg" on Tweeks sides if ya look close enough (gotta look around the stickers). Those side covers (NOT TWEEKS) have over 1 million miles of our riding on them!!

Oh,, almost forgot Crud - my V-Max.. He is my second V-Max,,, cant forget Crud,,, almost forgot Crud!!!

Whoaa,,,, was looking for pics and ran across this video of my Daughter riding one of my Zuma's while she was home from college years ago... Probably pretty boring for all you fast paced lop eared varmints BUT - skip to 2:45 in the vid and watch what happens at about 2:50ish....

p (15).JPG

p (8).JPG

DSCN8319.JPG

DSCN1762.JPG

DSCN8377.JPG

tamiandjoshjuly07 015.jpg

tamiandjoshjuly07 048.jpg

Short list here but all were great bikes, the first two were resurrected from old parts bikes, and after riding them for a while, sold them for a nice profit. All were bought since 2005, still have the 93 and the 87 Ventures.

1982 Maxim 550

1983 Seca RH750 with tour pack

1983 Venture

1993 Venture Royale Trike

1987 Venture Royale

left side view of trike.jpgI just started riding in 1999 so my list of bikes is much shorter then most of you.

1999 VStar 650 Classic

2000MM roadstar

2009 RSTD

2009 RSV........Last year had this bike "triked" with a Hannigan kit

Edited by DblTrbl
add picture if possible

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104749[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104750[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104751[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104752[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104753[/ATTACH]

I was always partial to those early model twin cylinder scramblers David.. They had the looks that made me :178: and ohhhh that sweet sound of rat tat tat - especially at an idle - I could sit and listen to one idle for hours.. Seems like,, and I am just recalling from a memory that is only so so at best, the 125's of that model had some vertical chrome up right air cleaners so yours was probably not a 125? Jugs dont look big enough to be the 305/350 model.. Also seems like mom Yam made a 180 and/or a 200 model so I am gonna guess your's was a 200cc??

Either way,,, that one REALLY caught my eye - purdy scoot brother:bowdown:!!

I was always partial to those early model twin cylinder scramblers David.. They had the looks that made me :178: and ohhhh that sweet sound of rat tat tat - especially at an idle - I could sit and listen to one idle for hours.. Seems like,, and I am just recalling from a memory that is only so so at best, the 125's of that model had some vertical chrome up right air cleaners so yours was probably not a 125? Jugs dont look big enough to be the 305/350 model.. Also seems like mom Yam made a 180 and/or a 200 model so I am gonna guess your's was a 200cc??

Either way,,, that one REALLY caught my eye - purdy scoot brother:bowdown:!!

Scott, the YDS-6C was a 250cc street scrambler. Sold to the public in limited quantities only to satisfy the racing requirements at the time. The 250 put out 30hp on a 300 pound frame. Motor was a street version of the Daytona Racer. (supposedly)

I could keep the front wheel off the ground until I hit 5th gear. Fast enough for a young college idiot like me!

Thanks, for kind words!

Scott, the YDS-6C was a 250cc street scrambler. Sold to the public in limited quantities only to satisfy the racing requirements at the time. The 250 put out 30hp on a 300 pound frame. Motor was a street version of the Daytona Racer. (supposedly)

I could keep the front wheel off the ground until I hit 5th gear. Fast enough for a young college idiot like me!

Thanks, for kind words!

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about brother - YEEEEEHAWWWW!!:thumbsup:

So what year of scoot and what year/era were you riding that sweetheart around on the back wheel David? My pea brain is still stuck in the late 60's when a young gear head would actually see bikes like that ripping around - some amazing times back then.. I was one strange character back then (thankfully I grew out of it),, seems like all the normal kids were into collecting base ball cards and I was into going around to all the bike shops and collecting bike brochures.. :scared:,,,, :scared:,,, just dawned on me,,, I aint looked at my childhood bike brochures for many a moon.. Think I will meander downstairs and see if I can find my old collection... If I can find them I think I will snap some:photographing:'s of the Yamaha brochures and see if I can :hijacked: the Bosses thread here - that should make him :rippedhand:....

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about brother - YEEEEEHAWWWW!!:thumbsup:

So what year of scoot and what year/era were you riding that sweetheart around on the back wheel David? My pea brain is still stuck in the late 60's when a young gear head would actually see bikes like that ripping around - some amazing times back then.. I was one strange character back then (thankfully I grew out of it),, seems like all the normal kids were into collecting base ball cards and I was into going around to all the bike shops and collecting bike brochures.. :scared:,,,, :scared:,,, just dawned on me,,, I aint looked at my childhood bike brochures for many a moon.. Think I will meander downstairs and see if I can find my old collection... If I can find them I think I will snap some:photographing:'s of the Yamaha brochures and see if I can :hijacked: the Bosses thread here - that should make him :rippedhand:....

I bought my YDS-6C in 1969 and promptly rode it to Mississippi. Spent the summer there helping a friend build a house for his in-laws, then rode it to Arizona.

Somewhere around my boxes of "stuff", I have a reprint of a road test.....somewhere...but that's another story.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104754[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104755[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104756[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104757[/ATTACH]

Found it...

OUTSTANDING!!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

:crackup:,,, just noticed something,,,, reading thru that story and noticed the 1/4 mile diggins for that lil ol 250 screamer,,,,, those numbers are pretty close to some modern V-Twin scoot times that have 5 times the displacement :cool10:

:scared:,, check out the "list" price,,,, $655 bucks,,, :missingtooth:

:scared:,,, would you look at that @videoarizona David,,, look in the specs for your 250 under "performance" - never ever did see this before that I recall - Yamaha actually gives "Piston Speed" of 2615 FT/Min at 8 grand.. I have never seen Piston Speed stated before,,,,, :confused24: ,,,, amazing!!