IGNORED

Conversion to LED Passing Lamps

Well, temperatures finally got above freezing today so I could start my LED conversion project. Here is how it went:

Will load pics in the same order (hopefully it will work)

1. Here are the Truck Lite 4.5 LED Lamps I installed

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103404[/ATTACH]

2. Here is how they look next to the PAR 36 -front

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103405[/ATTACH]

3. And back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103406[/ATTACH]

4. Now to fit them in the bucket is tricky as they barely fit due to the thickness of the bottom back of the new lamps. They end up pressing against the stud inside the lamp bucket and then attaching the retaining ring becomes a game of patience as you have to press hard against the lamp, align the spacer behind the lamp, align the hood on the lamp and then tighten the screw at the bottom. Took me a couple of tries to get there and was about to enlist a few extra pairs of hands, but it came together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103407[/ATTACH]

5. They come with a stock HD connector. I cut it off and replaced with male/female connectors and heat shrunk everything, used dielectric grease and made my connections.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103408[/ATTACH]

6. Here is how bike looked before I started

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103410[/ATTACH]

7. With one done

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103409[/ATTACH]

8. and with both done. Headlight now looks a bit dim.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103411[/ATTACH]

Took about an hour to do, but last 15 minutes of that was spent starting the bike and breathing in the fumes for the first time since November. :Laugh:

Headlight conversion to LED is next, but I have to split the fairing for that and remove the tank as I will also be installing the 3 way switch as I had enquired about in a number of previous posts.

Thanks to all who provided advice on this one.:cool10::canada:

82233.jpg

82234.jpg

82235.jpg

82236.jpg

82237.jpg

82239.jpg

82238.jpg

82240.jpg