IGNORED

A little more progress on my Auranthetic Electric bike

Eck

I don't have much farther to go on this thing.

Today I moved the bike from our so called "formal" dining room to my so called "man cave" / garage. Today I also painted the fake gas tank with two coats of paint including the amp meter / ignition switch plate. Both are drying right now.

The remaining things to complete this project are:

• Once tank is dry (and weather permitting), I will mask it off and paint the lower section of the tank White to agree with the original two tone colors.
  • Then I apply the new original type decal I had made to the fake gas tank on the left side of the tank and then install / wire up the charger plug for the batteries which goes on the right side of tank.
  • Install the amp / ignition plate and wire up the Amp meter and ignition switch.
  • Bolt the tank to frame (one bolt).
  • Install the rebuilt seat
  • And I should be DONE with this project except for buying and hooking up the two batteries.

When I am done, my plan is to speak to "WHEELS THROUGH TIME" and "BARBERS MUSEUM" and see if either place would want this thing for display with their other bikes.

Here are a few pics starting with what it looked like when I got it, then some rebuild progress and the last pics are from today as to how it looks now.

HPIM1442.jpg

HPIM1449.jpg

HPIM1525.jpg

HPIM1569.jpg

20160220_141851_Burst03.jpg

20160212_143400.jpg

20160220_141907.jpg

20160220_141930.jpg

20160220_141945.jpg

• Thanks 1

@Freebird.

Oh I plan on having a short ride on it buddy, but it will be with only one 12 volt battery out of my avalanche.

I'm not about to go out and purchase two $170 batteries and let it sit in a museum somewhere. I can buy a lot of gas for my wing with those $$.

The museum can install fake plastic batteries for show & tell or two old dead batteries with a good cleaning and wax job on them...

Painted the tank today back to it's original two tone colors, Orange & White.

Put the New decal on it that I had made at a print shop here in Huntsville.

Going to let the tank dry for the next couple days since it is 100% humidity here.

I still have to mount the charger plug in the hole on the right side of tank and wire it up, and wire up the amp meter and ignition switch to the small square plate in pic, and then mount that plate to top of tank.

I am no painter by any means, but I feel it turned out OK for being my first time at ever doing a masking / two tone paint job with spray cans of paint.

:banana:

20160222_194436.jpg

20160222_194506.jpg

• Thanks 1

Nice job Eck, so good in fact I will let you paint my trike for me when its time..................:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lewis, I will ride to your house to help you anytime buddy.. You let me know and I will be there! (Fat tire is the beer I like...:beer:....ha......).

I just had a phone call with Barbers Museum in Birmingham and he said he has never heard of such a bike..

He asked me to send him some pictures, which I sent him about an hour ago..

I would be SOOooo happy if this bike ended up in Barbers museum. Dang I hope so anyway..

• 5 years later...