IGNORED

Clutch Upgrade-2nd Installment

RoadKill

Well, after getting everyone's urging I called PCW and ordered the parts to upgrade my 03 RSV Clutch. $168 plus change. All I can say is WOW :thumbsup: PCW was great to work with on the ordering. Really make you feel like you are their most important customer. Something that seems to be really lacking from most companies now.

They are shipping today and I might have them by Friday. If so, I am going to try to do it on Saturday or Sunday. If not it will be next week. I am very apprehensive about doing the upgrade, even with Tartan Terror's great article. I live under the cloud of Murphy's Law. :crying: I have learned to live with it :confused24:. I wonder how big a Steak and how many beers it would take to get Chaos to come over and help me out??:whistling: PCW said I could call them along the way too, so maybe it will work out OK. We are going on our Annual Weekend get-away with another couple to Southern MO around Steelville on 7/6, so I want it done before then.

Everyone keep their fingers crossed and stay close to your cell phones TT, Chaos and Freebird!!

Jay

Guest Chaos
I wonder how big a Steak and how many beers it would take to get Chaos to come over and help me out??:whistling:

Everyone keep their fingers crossed and stay close to your cell phones TT, Chaos and Freebird!!

Jay

As long as the beer is cold and the steak is hanging off both ends of the plate, I can probably be there.

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

As long as the beer is cold and the steak is hanging off both ends of the plate, I can probably be there.

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Not a problem. :thumbsup:

Looks like the parts won't get here till 1st of the week. Name the day I should have the grill going!:dancefool:

FWIW, I did the clutch upgrade to the Barnett SR2 with all new plates last weekend. I followed the write ups that I found here and elsewhere. I'm no mechanic, but it really was pretty easy. About the only thing that I would throw in is-do not pull the clutch lever while it is all apart. I did, and it caused the push rod to come out a little. So, I pulled it out to see what it looked like. Anyway, I didn't get it all the way back in. After bolting the pressure plate down properly, I couldn't move the clutch lever. I had to pull the plate back off, and get the push rod all the way back in, and then the lever would work. Also, BE SURE and put the ground wire back on (if you took it off). The bike won't start without it. Scared the crap out of me. Figured I had really screwed up until I saw the wire loose. I have about 40 miles on the new setup, and the bike does seem to hook up better especially in 4th and 5th. I will change the oil and filter now to make sure any debris that may have fallen in gets removed.

If Chaos cant get there I will be waiting for the call but its so easy even a Caveman can do it!!! LOL Hell I might ride out for a steak that big!!!

With the way it sounds like your lucks going I don't know if you should leave the house or answer the phone!:rotfl:

Guest Chaos
Looks like the parts won't get here till 1st of the week. Name the day I should have the grill going!:dancefool:

If we can't do it this weekend it would have to be next Friday, Saturday, or Sunday for me. We are on our summer 4 day work week now so any of those days work for me.

:cool10:

If we can't do it this weekend it would have to be next Friday, Saturday, or Sunday for me. We are on our summer 4 day work week now so any of those days work for me.

I'll give you a call if it comes in Friday If not next weekend would work. You can pick the day and I'll work with your schedule. Just give me time to get the steer butchered :thumbsup:

Not a problem. :thumbsup:

You may be surprised. I ordered by clutch parts on a Tuesday evening and they showed up by that Friday.

Guest Chaos
Oh... Chaos...Where are you???:confused24:

Trimming trees ... Last Saturday and Sunday I trimmed and burnt trees all day and night. Yesterday I started around 9:00 AM trimming and burnt until Midnight. The good news is that they are DONE ! ! !

I will have to check with the shop foreman, but I can probably help you out tomorrow. She has been wanting to go for a ride anyway, so maybe she will want to ride down with me.

BTW ... I have a torque wrench that I could bring. The only other things we should need are a hammer, pliers, and some bailing wire.

Trimming trees ... Last Saturday and Sunday I trimmed and burnt trees all day and night. Yesterday I started around 9:00 AM trimming and burnt until Midnight. The good news is that they are DONE ! ! !

I will have to check with the shop foreman, but I can probably help you out tomorrow. She has been wanting to go for a ride anyway, so maybe she will want to ride down with me.

BTW ... I have a torque wrench that I could bring. The only other things we should need are a hammer, pliers, and some bailing wire.

That would work. I will be here all day. I have Metric Ball end T-Handle allens and metric socets and of course Hammers and pliers. Give me a call with a time.

Jay

What do you do if you don't have a torque wrench when reinstalling the clutch new parts? Can it be done without one?

I went out a bought a low number (20 - 200 inch pound range) torque wrench. I bought mine at my local Harbor Freight store for $25. Most auto parts stores around here rent tools. Maybe one near you does also.