IGNORED

cluch slave cylinder master cylinder wont take fluid

mrhunter 63

Hi new member here.. Having problems with 1985 venture rebuilt clutch slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder. I can't get the master cylinder to pump any fluid in. There is no fluid in the system now because it all drained out when I had them off. I put fluid in master and try to pump it though by opening bleeder but will not pump up no fluid going to slave Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks

I use a big syringe with a hunk of fuel line attached to the end of it, open the bleeder on the slave, take the lid off the clutch res, slide the fuel line over the bleeder nipple, fill the syringe with brake fluid and push the fluid backwards thru the system and into the res...

Your problem is likely air is trapped at the banjo bolt on the front of the reservoir.

It's easiest with a helper -

Hold a good bunch of towels around the line just below the banjo bolt. Loosen banjo bolt a bit. Have helper slowly squeeze lever. Snug banjo bolt. Have helper release lever. Repeat until fluid oozes around banjo with no bubbles. Securely tighten banjo bolt.

Make sure you clean up any brake fluid that drips immediately with soap and water. It's hard on paint and will ruin unpainted ABS (your fairing cover) almost immediately.

Now go on and bleed the rest of the system.