You know...Uppa US!
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ontario Rally - July 21 to 24

Thanks very much, Don. I have the ice packs, the Tylenol 3, my massage therapist and my physiotherapist all working on it for me!

Just hoping that my season isn't "over".

Maybe you can do me a favour and grab anyone passing by the Southwind Motel on Thursday night and stuff them into what WOULD have been our room.........save us a cancellation fee!
    Other than that, have a ball.....and we'll try to catch up to you on another ride before the year's out.

Cheers!
    Hidden Content

Michael Scott

"As a matter of fact, YES I AM listening to Hidden Content "

Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trader View Post
    You folks will be passing real close by my place!
    I am so sorry I won't be joining you.

Instead of going N. on #62 , leave #7 a bit earlier and go north on #41 .
    You can pick up #28 and head west off #41 and it is a very scenic ride.
    See,,, so you could join us,,, they even made a road to get from your place to there!!
    Did you book your spot yet? Do it now!!
    716 778 8568
    July 16-19th 2020
    Hidden Content

United States
    NY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK for those who care, we got in about an hour ago, traffic on the QEW was extremely slow from Mississauga to St. Catharines! Only minimal delay on the 404 coming into Toronto, otherwise it was easy through it until the QEW.

Any way, we had a terrific time, great job done by the organizers! For those that didn't come, you missed a really great time, very pretty country up there and nice to get away from all the rush and noise of the city! Very peaceful up there!! Yes, I would recommend going next year if you can!

In the meantime, now it's time for the Western New York NE regional Rally!!!

4. Likes herb1, cecdoo, DblTrbl liked this post
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George and Donna arrived home safely at 6:00 PM this evening. Long trip around Toronto. Once we got on the 401 at Rout 35 it took us 3.5 hours to get to the bridge into the States. Traffic was creeping and we had t get off a few time just to replenish the fluids. Nurses orders. Some told us it was 102 F. on the 401. Anyway. Did not get down the road as far as we planed and today was about a 425 mile trip. Hot here also. Thanks for the hospitality to all and especially Carl, Marca, Don and Nancy. Enjoyed the area. Learned some things. Have the word "GRAVEL" imprinted in the "Visual Cortex". For us the Sunday to Sunday trip was a little of 2200 miles. As the old saying goes.....It's the journey not the destination". Later.... Long Tall George and Donna.
    Lynchburg, Virginia

6. Likes herb1, cecdoo liked this post
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what thread to post some pics so will just give link to the other Ontario Rally thread where I posted a few of our pics:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/sh...=ontario+rally
    Hidden Content My Dad used to say "Driving is like watching a movie - riding is like being in the movie."

United States
    NH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to the Ontario riders and thanks for a great gathering. Kind of sucked that I couldn't participate on Saturday but heard everyone had a great time. June and I came straight through with only a couple stops for food and fuel. Left Minden around 9am and got to Rochester at 11pm.
    The funny thing that happened on the way home was... I programmed the GPS for the quickest route home. It took me on the 416/417 and then after crossing over a bridge (I think on the 30) I stopped for gas. A man who was also getting gas asked where we were going and when I told him NH, he said don't go to the major crossing and entered a crossing point into my GPS. So we follow the GPS about 45Km and end up crossing at the same crossing from when I was detoured on the way to Minden. All I could do was laugh but Thanks to that guy since we were the only vehicle at the crossing so passing thru was quick. I did not tell them I was in the Venture Riders Gang!!

Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the comments on the rally and glad everyone made it home safely. Was great seeing everyone that attended and glad you had a good time !

From the surveys that were submitted we have plans to improve next years rally so it will be even better than this years has been!

Thank you to Carl, Marca, and Nancy for all your input in planning this rally, scouting out the motel/camp, roads, and restaurants.

10. Likes DblTrbl liked this post
    Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got a computer that works, the old one failed enough to convince Wayne that a new one was needed. Nice guy that Wayne.
    Thanks to Don & Nancy for getting this thing together, and Marca for all the work she put into it, she sure likes to do that kind of stuff.
    Good to hear all the comments, seems like we went too slow and too fast, so maybe it was just right, also the rides were too long and not long enough so that worked out good as well.
    It was the only site we could find that had both camping and motel so that worked out kind of nice and we had no complaints on that issue, so another plus.
    The pictures showed a happy group, and that is important. Thanks for the pictures, good memories!!
    Carl and Don are still friends, so that works in Don's favour seeing as he needs some stator help this Saturday.
    Food was a good choice, seeing as a person feels somewhat better when supplied by nutrients, and even the choice was broad in scope.
    Ice Cream had to be the best, thanks to Kawartha Dairies. The help was very helpful to say the least.
    Sunday breakfast was very interesting to say the least, but we could have had more time I think.
    Somebody had a birthday during the process, but I can't say who because it was to be kept quiet, but he didn't look so old to me! I think it turned out to be a great celebration, cake included.
    This computer types real easy, but I'll keep things short.
    Thanks all for coming out, I think maybe a repeat next year would be in order, we did miss some riders and would hate to have them miss out entirely.
    Set your calendar for July 20 thru 23, 2017 I think.
    Did you book your spot yet? Do it now!!
    716 778 8568
    July 16-19th 2020
    Hidden Content

12. Likes EtRider, Gary N. liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567