IGNORED

Stupid Things you did

Larry1963

Nah @SilvrT,, took typing back in college, had to do 35 wpm touch typing to pass.

In all fairness, kindness and decency to myself though - I am AMAZED at how fast people can thumb text!! Now THAT is amazing and a type of type I simply cannot do!!:guitarist 2:

I took typing in grade 9 for 2 reason's ... 1.) I was too small to make it on the football team and 2.) coz that's where all the girls went. Which one do you think is true? :innocent-emoticon:

Anyway, I could do 45 wpm then and since around the age of 25 I've been using either a typewriter, telex machine, or computer pretty much ever since. Not to mention I've even taught typing classes LOL But that doesn't make me a fast typist by a long shot and problem I have now is that the signals from my brain to my fingers get crossed somewhere along the way and letters in words get revresed

As for "thumb typing" .... not a hope in he|| :thumbdown:

What in the world,, its been 4 days and no more stupid things? Am I the only one who has done more than one?:confused24: @Flyinfool? @Marcarl? @ragtop69gs? @Brakepad? @mirider? @Freebird? @Drews? @Eck? @bongobobny? @Condor? @AussieAnnie? @YamaMama? @rbig1? @bluestar99? @StarFan? @bikerjohn? @divey? @Dale124? @Anybody? :confused24:

Hello,, no one else did something crazy?? :confused24:

Ok,, you had your chance,,, guess its all left up to me... :biker:

My parents lived in an old farm house in my teen years. They had about 80 acres of farm land that I hunted deer on during the second part of our deer season here in Michigan. The soil of that old farm land was really strange, it had a good 4 inches of top soil on it but when it rained hard it didnt drain good and the soil under the top soil would turn to soup and would take forever to dry out.

I had 1965 International Utility Truck that I was driving during that era of my life and one day I decided to drive that old truck across my dad's field to haul a deer in I had just harvested (notice the politically correct lingo there:happy34:) - this was about 8 a.m.. The field had its own access to it from the main road and I used that access to get onto the field. I had gotten about half way across the field when I felt the ground give way and felt the frame of the truck settle onto the topsoil. :doh: It was at this point that I discovered how truly soupy the soil under the topsoil was because as I stepped out of the truck I watched as the front wheels slowly sank down until the front frame rails were also laying on the ground. :doh::doh:

Nearest tree was about 200 yards away along the main road - nothing to hook a come along too:confused24:.. Got a brilliant idea!! Went back to the house and "borrowed" my sisters car, went into town - first used car lot had a 4x4 Jeep Truck for sale - went inside and told em I wanted to test drive the truck :680:.. Pulled the test truck out to my truck in the field, hooked it up, the Jeep went down like a ton of bricks:yikes:.. Walked back to the house, borrowed my mom's car, was back in an hour with another test driver - this was a 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4 manual shift with BIG tires on it,, hooked it up to the Jeep and it went down like a ton of bricks too :yikes::yikes::doh::buttkick:

As I was standing there :think: I noticed a County Road Grader coming down my parents gravel road - guy was out minding his own business, doing his job grading the road when I flagged him down.. A little begging and smooth talking and he was out in the field attached to the Chevy,, popped it out no problembo.. :cool10: Hook onto the Jeep - out it came no problemo.. Hooked it onto my International, will never forget it,, these great big grader wheels that were taller than me rotated about 1/8th turn and that grader went right to the frame:doh::doh::doh::doh:.. I unhooked the chain from my still stuck truck, the driver tried EVERYTHING to unstick himself (lifting with the belly blade and all that) and it WOULD NOT come out!! :doh:

As we were waiting for this GREAT BIG MASSIVE County Road Commission Tow Truck to appear the driver was telling me that he hoped he had a job after getting found out:doh::doh::doh:.. I was tempted to ask if he would mind if I left my truck hooked up to the grader when the tow truck was running a line out to him but THANKFULLY I wasnt quite THAT stupid:happy34:.. After they left I started the process of washing and returning my "borrowed" vehicles.. Made it to the last car lot just in time.. Was coming home in my Mom's car when it dawned me,, one of my rabbit hunting buddies who was considerably older than me had Triple "A" insurance with towing service. I knew the tow bill would be expensive and this was long before God had invented decent paying job's for 16 year old kids so I did what I had to do - I called my buddy and asked.. He said he thought he could get it towed on his Triple A card.

About 9 p.m. a wrecker pulled in, we talked for few minutes, got the payment deal all squared away, the guy hooked the wrecker up and it wouldnt budge the truck, no matter what he did to it the wrecker just slid - I honestly thought my Utility Truck was going end up becoming a field ornament - you know,, decorate it during Christmas,, use it for a hunting blind or something cool like that.. The wrecker driver ended up calling in for a bigger wrecker.. The wrecker company ended up sending a unit very similar to the one the Road Commission had sent out for the Road Grader. About midnight and my Dad's field finally released my truck from incarceration :cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

Well actually it is still in progress. I only wish it were done.

It all started 2 years ago, I was walking through the woods during the deer hunting season. There was about 2-3 inches of fresh snow on the ground. I had all of my hunting gear which totals probably a bit over 40 lbs of stuff on me. I was on a fresh buck track and just moving thru the woods as quietly as I could trying to sneak up behind him.

Well I got pretty close. He had bedded down and I saw him pop up about a hundred yards in front of me. 2 bounds and he was into the pines.

But since I have hunted deer in this area a lot I knew that he was just going to run in circles around the big hill that stuck up in the middle of the woods. This hill is steep and around 50-60 feet high. So I cut right and ran up that hill as fast as I could go thru the snow covered woods to cut that buck off on the other side of the hill.

Well half way up the hill I slipped on a smooth bark-less stick that I did not see under the snow. My foot slipped to the side and I fell to my knees but the toe of my foot stayed on that stick. Then because of the angle of the hill I fell over backwards landing butt first on my foot and twisted it all the way around until the toe touched my butt. DANG THAT HURT!!! But being dedicated as I am I managed to continue staggering up to the top of the hill and sure enough here came that buck looking back behind him to see if I was following.

It turned out that he was delicious. But I had to call in my buddies to get both me and the deer out of the woods and into the truck. Fast forward 2 years and a month and the docs are finally going to try to reattach my right foot to the end of my leg.

• 3 weeks later...
What in the world,, its been 4 days and no more stupid things? Am I the only one who has done more than one?:confused24: @Flyinfool? @Marcarl? @ragtop69gs? @Brakepad? @mirider? @Freebird? @Drews? @Eck? @bongobobny? @Condor? @AussieAnnie? @YamaMama? @rbig1? @bluestar99? @StarFan? @bikerjohn? @divey? @Dale124? @Anybody? :confused24:

Hello,, no one else did something crazy?? :confused24:

Ok,, you had your chance,,, guess its all left up to me... :biker:

My parents lived in an old farm house in my teen years. They had about 80 acres of farm land that I hunted deer on during the second part of our deer season here in Michigan. The soil of that old farm land was really strange, it had a good 4 inches of top soil on it but when it rained hard it didnt drain good and the soil under the top soil would turn to soup and would take forever to dry out.

I had 1965 International Utility Truck that I was driving during that era of my life and one day I decided to drive that old truck across my dad's field to haul a deer in I had just harvested (notice the politically correct lingo there:happy34:) - this was about 8 a.m.. The field had its own access to it from the main road and I used that access to get onto the field. I had gotten about half way across the field when I felt the ground give way and felt the frame of the truck settle onto the topsoil. :doh: It was at this point that I discovered how truly soupy the soil under the topsoil was because as I stepped out of the truck I watched as the front wheels slowly sank down until the front frame rails were also laying on the ground. :doh::doh:

Nearest tree was about 200 yards away along the main road - nothing to hook a come along too:confused24:.. Got a brilliant idea!! Went back to the house and "borrowed" my sisters car, went into town - first used car lot had a 4x4 Jeep Truck for sale - went inside and told em I wanted to test drive the truck :680:.. Pulled the test truck out to my truck in the field, hooked it up, the Jeep went down like a ton of bricks:yikes:.. Walked back to the house, borrowed my mom's car, was back in an hour with another test driver - this was a 3/4 ton Chevy 4x4 manual shift with BIG tires on it,, hooked it up to the Jeep and it went down like a ton of bricks too :yikes::yikes::doh::buttkick:

As I was standing there :think: I noticed a County Road Grader coming down my parents gravel road - guy was out minding his own business, doing his job grading the road when I flagged him down.. A little begging and smooth talking and he was out in the field attached to the Chevy,, popped it out no problembo.. :cool10: Hook onto the Jeep - out it came no problemo.. Hooked it onto my International, will never forget it,, these great big grader wheels that were taller than me rotated about 1/8th turn and that grader went right to the frame:doh::doh::doh::doh:.. I unhooked the chain from my still stuck truck, the driver tried EVERYTHING to unstick himself (lifting with the belly blade and all that) and it WOULD NOT come out!! :doh:

As we were waiting for this GREAT BIG MASSIVE County Road Commission Tow Truck to appear the driver was telling me that he hoped he had a job after getting found out:doh::doh::doh:.. I was tempted to ask if he would mind if I left my truck hooked up to the grader when the tow truck was running a line out to him but THANKFULLY I wasnt quite THAT stupid:happy34:.. After they left I started the process of washing and returning my "borrowed" vehicles.. Made it to the last car lot just in time.. Was coming home in my Mom's car when it dawned me,, one of my rabbit hunting buddies who was considerably older than me had Triple "A" insurance with towing service. I knew the tow bill would be expensive and this was long before God had invented decent paying job's for 16 year old kids so I did what I had to do - I called my buddy and asked.. He said he thought he could get it towed on his Triple A card.

About 9 p.m. a wrecker pulled in, we talked for few minutes, got the payment deal all squared away, the guy hooked the wrecker up and it wouldnt budge the truck, no matter what he did to it the wrecker just slid - I honestly thought my Utility Truck was going end up becoming a field ornament - you know,, decorate it during Christmas,, use it for a hunting blind or something cool like that.. The wrecker driver ended up calling in for a bigger wrecker.. The wrecker company ended up sending a unit very similar to the one the Road Commission had sent out for the Road Grader. About midnight and my Dad's field finally released my truck from incarceration :cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

Now THAT was a story!!

Very funny, Puc, thanks for sharing.

Dale.