IGNORED

Some Harley Davidson trivia that you might not know about

SilvrT

Just came across this bit of trivia. While I'm quite familiar with Trev Deeley HD here in Vancouver as well as many years ago the Fred Deeley shop on West Broadway, I did not know the depth of the Deeley family involvement in motorcycles and specifically Harley Davidson.

http://royaldistributing.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11403:end-of-an-era&catid=39&Itemid=1263

http://scoutmagazine.ca/2015/02/23/you-should-know-the-deeley-familys-role-in-our-love-affair-with-the-motorcycle/

Excellent read there Silv!!:thumbsup: A perfect compliment to the left over's I am sitting here munching! I had always wondered where all those gorgeous old Harley's disappeared to, now that I know they are hiding out up at there at 1875 Boundary in Vancouver I will have to stop there someday to pay homage to all of the Deeley families great accomplishments!! Be icing on the cake to another western adventure my friend!!

Thank you for the info.:thumbsup:

The US Army used Harley Davidson Motorcycles to chase down Pancho Villa. Pancho escaped his pursuers by riding an.............Indian Chief Motorcycle!!!

Unlike Arnold Shwartsnegger, I think me and that Pancho may have actually had something in common,, I have always felt in my heart that if I were ever gonna find the need to outrun the Coppers on a motorcycle I would definitely not want to find a 75 horse HD under my butt. THAT is one thing I did not agree with in the Terminator Movies (rest of it was spot on though):big-grin-emoticon: